Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mods: full exhaust, intake. Its an AUTOMATIC.
So cruising at 60mph I floor it, this is what happens: revs up quickly and shifts, revs fall down to about 4k and then from there it doesnt rev up as quickly, but boost is still around 6psi and speed is still increasing, whether its slow or fast I cant really tell. Does it sound normal that my rpm doesnt increase fast? I've never really pushed my car before. I'm also asking because my exh manifold bolts cannot tighten up fully and seeing if they are having an effect.

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
are you asking if the shift down and rev up is normal? when you punch it it should shift down rev up then shift again and thats normal

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,950 Posts
^^^^^^

Dude what a lame question....you ever drive a car before? I am sorry but some questions should be banned! What Supaman said is relavant!

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
^^^^^^

Dude what a lame question....you ever drive a car before? I am sorry but some questions should be banned! What Supaman said is relavant!
i dont know how you couldnt go threw a downshift with an auto tranny in normal driving.......go to pass somebody step on it it down shifts, get on the highway step on it it down shifts i dunno how that can not be seen/heard :1poke:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think to answer the question . . every time the car up shifts, it is shifting to a taller gear. Each taller gear is going to take more and more time to go through. So it is normal for it to take a longer time to rev up after an up shift than it did in the previous gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts