Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anyone is running them and has anything good or bad to say. I'm mostly interested in their triple and quad disc clutches and wondering if either will hold an 1100hp weekend drag/ daily driver

·
Registered
293 Posts
Use the search button and you will be amazed at the amount of results you get back. A few members are using them including Ken Henderson.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yes, it will hold up to around 1300whp. We have had great success with OS at the drag strip. Some great quality stuff.

Ian

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a Giken triple. I like it because it lasts so long. Over 15K on the street somtimes in heavy traffic and there is hardly any wear on the discs or flywheel last time I took out the tranny. By this rate, I might get like 50k miles on the clutch. The single disk I had before only lasted like 10K before the clutch disk eat into the flywheel too much.

Pedal pressure is kinda hard on the Giken. If it had HKS triple's pedal pressure it would be perfect.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't believe 1100whp and weekend/daily driver would be used in the same sentence.
I know it does sound like a strange idea but that's what it has come to i love to race for fun nothing intense just for personal enjoyment and keep wanting more power in it but i still drive it to work every day it doesn't snow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So back to my main question then for an 1100hp not track only car would the triple disc hold up to the launches still or would the quad be a better choice?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I've used one with no issues. Worked well. Ken Henderson uses the OS Giken. He has nothing but good to say about it and I value his input on clutch setups

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've used one with no issues. Worked well. Ken Henderson uses the OS Giken. He has nothing but good to say about it and I value his input on clutch setups
I am pretty much sold on them as a company especially for the price im just trying to decide how many discs to go with. which are you using the triple or quad and at what kind of power level? and im still new and getting to know everyone and their set ups what kinda power and clutch is ken running?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I am pretty much sold on them as a company especially for the price im just trying to decide how many discs to go with. which are you using the triple or quad and at what kind of power level? and im still new and getting to know everyone and their set ups what kinda power and clutch is ken running?
I used the quad. It was making about 800whp. Ken Henderson has the quad as well. If I remember correctly Ken made around 1100whp

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Yea but Ken has never raced his car as far as I know. I love when people say " well Ken has one" but what has he ever done with his car other than take a good picture? For 1100hp and a weekend drag car I wouldn't reccomend anything less than a tilton. They last a long time, light pedal pressure, and hold all the power ya throw at it. Until I see someone really going fast with one and making 1100hp to the ground more than just on the dyno a few times a year, than there is no way I would reccomend that clutch to someone looking to do what this guys says he wants to do with his car. People always want the cheap way out and pay for it in the end.
And the other one alpha probably tuned was Kirk who does drive his car on the street a lot but has never raced his car either, its like a show car. People vouch for clutches all the time that have never put them to real use but hey, if your gonna make 1100hp on the dyno and then just drive around town on a pump gas 600hp tune like so many others do, then don't waste your money on a tilton and just get this, whatever its called, clutch.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Yea but Ken has never raced his car as far as I know. I love when people say " well Ken has one" but what has he ever done with his car other than take a good picture? For 1100hp and a weekend drag car I wouldn't reccomend anything less than a tilton. They last a long time, light pedal pressure, and hold all the power ya throw at it. Until I see someone really going fast with one and making 1100hp to the ground more than just on the dyno a few times a year, than there is no way I would reccomend that clutch to someone looking to do what this guys says he wants to do with his car. People always want the cheap way out and pay for it in the end.
And the other one alpha probably tuned was Kirk who does drive his car on the street a lot but has never raced his car either, its like a show car. People vouch for clutches all the time that have never put them to real use but hey, if your gonna make 1100hp on the dyno and then just drive around town on a pump gas 600hp tune like so many others do, then don't waste your money on a tilton and just get this, whatever its called, clutch.
No. It wasn't Kirk. Kirk is a few hundred shy of 800 :werd: No magical dyno here in Tampa that will do 800 on stock fuel

·
Registered
726 Posts
Top Secret uses them in their cars... and all of the top secret cars make some decent numbers and are driven like they are meant to be.

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
matt miller runs this clutch and has dynoed 1100whp and run 9.3's on it i believe
Was matt using that clutch at the time he ran those numbers? I just remember him having used a couple different kinds if I recall.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i'd say, whatever floats your boat.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
yes.. he currently runs this clutch and said he loves it.. he didnt like the tilton and had problems with the rps c/c destroying his trans...

he ran his most recent times with this clutch

Was matt using that clutch at the time he ran those numbers? I just remember him having used a couple different kinds if I recall.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts