Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kind of a lame question for this forum... but i've never heard one... i am shopping for one of these cars right now and i'm wondering if i should plan on having to put in a new stereo right away or if i'll be satisfied with the factory one... i've heard that, for a factory system, the supra's stereo is very good... do you guys agree? i'm not looking for competition quality sound, just something better than the average factory stereo...

thanks,
jeff

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
if you have never had an aftermarket system in any of your cars i would think you could be pleased with the stock system, but if you have ever had an aftermarket system in any of your past cars i think you will be dissapointed. The so called subwoofer makes pretty hollow bass sounds, being only a thin 5x7 and at higher volumes the door speakers get sort of distorted. I am very picky about my music though so i may notice things that others wouldnt. My advice would be to find a supra and just listen to it.

M

·
0 Posts
the factory sound for my NA sucked! the standard TT sound system is a bit better, probably b/c it has a sub and also has a CD player.

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
My sub blew on my TT. It's one of the worse 'subs' I've ever heard.

Then again, it sure beats the stock stereo in our Audi. :eek:

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Ray745 said:
if you have never had an aftermarket system in any of your cars i would think you could be pleased with the stock system, but if you have ever had an aftermarket system in any of your past cars i think you will be dissapointed. The so called subwoofer makes pretty hollow bass sounds, being only a thin 5x7 and at higher volumes the door speakers get sort of distorted. I am very picky about my music though so i may notice things that others wouldnt. My advice would be to find a supra and just listen to it.
i agree with ray. if you're not into high end stereos and thumpin your stereo at high volume, then the stock stereo is perfectly fine. i was really comfortable with the stock stereom, even though it didn't come with a stock sub. but up until i heard my friend's aftermarket system, i got the stereo mod itch and it sounds better than ever.

just think about it as an investment. if you do a lot of driving, then upgrading the stereo system is a plus.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
mine doesn't have the stock sub... the stock system SUCKS!!! my next project, the stereo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts