Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Yesterday night, some theif came and stole my 95 honda prelude. It was park in back of my supra. My Supra was in the garage. They broke into my prelude and use the garage opener to open the garage. They open the supra and took a broken radar dectector. I didn't have anything in the supra, except a boost controller and turbo timer. Thank God!! They didn't rip that out. They took some tool out.. Dam Baster......
My supra have a manufactured alarm. how hard is it for them to hot wire and steal the supra??????????

Thanks for your response!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well I am sure no one is going to go into detail.

However, Keep this in mind. Reguardless of how hard, or easy. If they want it, they will find a way to take it.

My suggestion to you is... Put a remote switch on the car that u hit the switch and it kills the power to the the fuel pump(s)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScottH said:
Well I am sure no one is going to go into detail.

However, Keep this in mind. Reguardless of how hard, or easy. If they want it, they will find a way to take it.

My suggestion to you is... Put a remote switch on the car that u hit the switch and it kills the power to the the fuel pump(s)

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Putting a garage door opener in a car outside on the driveway is the samething as leaving your garage door open. If they wanted your Supra bad it would've been gone. Fuel pump cut off is a good idea, but they can just put your car on flatbed & be gone.

·
11,217 Posts
sunshineboy said:
Putting a garage door opener in a car outside on the driveway is the samething as leaving your garage door open. If they wanted your Supra bad it would've been gone. Fuel pump cut off is a good idea, but they can just put your car on flatbed & be gone.
Well... if they gonna break into your car to open the garage, they might as well break the windows or bust through the door.

All of my parent's cars and mine all have remotes to open the garage.

Also at the same time, how's the crook going to know the remote is in there?

·
GO FASTER, GO FASTER
178 Posts
sunshineboy said:
I would have to agree. there have been alot of thefts that happen this way. It is also not wise because the can gain access to your house from the garage. If you have a security system you should make it so that when the garage door opens it sets the alarm off. my Parent's friends did this after alot of garages got broken in to in there neighborhood. the fuel pump cut off switch is a great idea and If you really wanted to you could back in to your garage turn the wheel all the way to the left or right and then lock the steeringwheel and put a club on it that way it is harder for the people to but it on a flatbed.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
Hondas are very easy to steal...all you need is a blank key filed with two notches. Supras are a little more difficult but nothing that couldnt be accomplished in 1-2 minutes

·
Banned
175 Posts
Larrabee said:
the supra is real easy to hot wire. getting the steering unlocked is a different story though.

It is very easy. Just have to get under the door handle and you in.... Then brake the starter and you on the way to go. Thats what they did to my supra but couldnt started since I had some extra security stuff on it :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Get an aftermarket immobilizer and GPS tracking for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car is not a daily driver so I just pull a couple of the fuses(fuel injection is the best) so it can't be started. Unless they know the fuse diagram(doubtful) and have spare fuses(more doubtful) then there is no way to start the car. By far, the cheapest and easiest security system in the world.

·
Registered
934 Posts
why would a buncha fuses stop a car thief? if they happen to have paper clips, they can just jump it lol. and why would it be so hard for them to know the layout? just take a peak at the fuse box cover to see which fuse is missing? :rofl:

in my opinion there isnt any solid way to stop a thief. you can only track them down quick before they do any damage with motion detector/gps linked to the police

·
Registered
52 Posts
mifesto said:
why would a buncha fuses stop a car thief? if they happen to have paper clips, they can just jump it lol. and why would it be so hard for them to know the layout? just take a peak at the fuse box cover to see which fuse is missing? :rofl:

in my opinion there isnt any solid way to stop a thief. you can only track them down quick before they do any damage with motion detector/gps linked to the police
Lighten up man, I didn't say it was the BEST or most ELABORATE system in the world. I said cheap and easy on top of the factory security system. Not sure how many theives would take the time to try and find out why the car is not starting and second to even think to check the fuses and third have spare ones or try and figure out which ones to replace or move.

But on top of the factory security system, it is effective b/c it makes a would be theif have to take extra steps to figure out how to get it started. Not every theif is a Supra expert like guys on this forum.

Also, the original question to start this thread is how easy to steal a STOCK Supra, not how to make it theif proof. Read the topic before you flame....
Paperclips huh? Nice one MacGuyver.....

G

·
Fuse diagram is under the fuse box cover LOL but I agree, I pull ignitor plug out, but leave it partially in, so at a first glance it looks like its connected...there aint no way to get the car running without ignitor plugged in. Also, hidden switch killing power or ground to the fuel pump(s) is always good. Its much more involved to bring a flatbad to someones house, than to get the car running and drive off....so above mentioned methods will deter most thieves.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
As easy as someone writing down your VIN off the windshield, going to your local shady toyota parts guy and having him create a key for your car.

Like what was said above, if someone really wants your car, no matter what kinda security you have, they will take it.

G

·
MrJohnTan said:
As easy as someone writing down your VIN off the windshield, going to your local shady toyota parts guy and having him create a key for your car.

Like what was said above, if someone really wants your car, no matter what kinda security you have, they will take it.
This does not work anymore. Most states, including Texas, have made it very difficult to get a key made from the VIN. Most places now it takes two people and some time to get a key made from a VIN, AFTER you provide positive photo ID and proof of ownership in the same name as the ID.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Ttowndex said:
This does not work anymore. Most states, including Texas, have made it very difficult to get a key made from the VIN. Most places now it takes two people and some time to get a key made from a VIN, AFTER you provide positive photo ID and proof of ownership in the same name as the ID.
A few months ago I went with my buddy and got a key made for his Accord. The parts guy asked him for proof of ownership and my buddy told him that it was locked in the car. He gave him a little bit of shit for it, but he eventually he made the key for him anyways. It was ready for pickup after a couple of days. This was in Santa Ana, CA out of all places. There are always people who will overlook things no matter what state you are in.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sorry Lurch I wasnt cracking down on u hard as u may have read... just a light chuckle. this line of yours was the punch line "Unless they know the fuse diagram(doubtful) and have spare fuses(more doubtful) then there is no way to start the car."

1 - 20 of 76 Posts