Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has done this, please post what all needs to be done to get these out. While I am waiting on my tranny from SP to get here, I would like to try the plastic polish treatment that mkiv.com shows you how to do to get them looking like new again.

Thanks,

SwamiBob

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
its very very easy there are 3 bolts holding it in !1 on the topside near the hood latch (on the high beam lightside) and 2 on the inside( on the fog light side !)one is really low!
there 10mm bolts if im correct ,it should take you about 10 mins to take them out each tops! there a little hard at first but you will get the hang of it after you do one!make sure to use a deep socket ir will help!

S

·
0 Posts
about the "foggy lenses"

Mine were almost completely yellow when i got mine. . .Then i went and got a job at a body shop and found the wonders of buffing (like real buffers/polishers . . .not the ones you can buy at a pepboys or anything-the ones where you can burn through your paint) so anyway, mine were really bad at first so then i decided to try my compounds on the headlights as well as the car. . .I sanded mine with 1000 grit paper and then buffed them out. . .I passed them off to more than one of my friends as brand new lights. . .they look GREAT! so if you are able to get your hands on a high powered buffer. . .give it a try. . . BUT DO NOT SAND THEM IF YOU DONT HAVE A BUFFER! they will be ruined untill you find one. . .if you have any other questions on how to do it let me know. . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts