Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious since I notice STICKS are hard to find these dayz.

·
Registered
790 Posts
not fun, not easy, not cheap and not worth it, find one with a six speed already in it. That is unless you love your car so much you don't really care then go right ahead.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so theoretically...lets say you don't have a choice..you can't find a stick around...estimated how much would it cost to perform a conversion like that?

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
I would disagree about the conversion. It's not that difficult- just time consumiing getting the parts (dealing with scammers mostly) and commence the work.

I switched my NA 5 speed to a Turbo engine and 6 speed driveline in just a couple of days. You'll need quite a few parts and you'll get to know Jeff Watson at Jay Mark's pretty well by the time you're all done.

To do the swap, you'll need

tranny $1500-2000
driveshaft $200
axles $250
ECU $400-800
transmission cross brace $165
transmission shifting components (if this didn't come with the tranny) $200
Clutch - you'll have to figure on how much HP you plan on going with
rear carrier $225-750
Flywheel and bolts
Pilot bearing
Clutch slave cylinder $25
You'll want to add the belt hydraulic tensionor support when you switch- $300

You'll have to remember that there is a market for your parts- there are a lot of draggers that want to go with an automatic- so maybe you'll luck out and be able to do some swapping.

Of course I am not listing it all- can't give it all away!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: Good Question

Hey!

Don't joke, I've actually considered it - the 6-speed is fun, but for what I'm typically doing (cruising or dragging or showing) the auto would be fine too. If I miss anymore road race events I'm gonna give up and swap!

I see you're in Florida too - if I ever get crazy and decide to do this, I'll give you a shout - we could just pull both the cars into Speedcraft, or even Titan I suppose and let 'em rip - maybe a couple of grand to offset the more desirable nature of the 6-speed and we're good-to-go!

AZSupTT said:
I want to here from this one as well. I have an Auto...Anyone Wants to trade there 6 speed.....jejeje

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
I priced it out using all used/ salvaged parts. Buying new of any these items would be crazy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts