Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get all the parts cheap but the dealership wants alot of $ to put it in. I can do just about anything when it comes to wires in the car but I was wondering if anyone has done it of knows how.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The install is not too bad if you follow the instructions. The hardest part is getting to the existing door lock/alarm ECU. Anyway, if you are going to go to the trouble of installing something, you should just get a good aftermarket alarm IMHO. The keyless entry/alarm has few features, and poor remote range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The remote range does really suck.

Rich
Originally posted by Bob A:
<STRONG>The install is not too bad if you follow the instructions. The hardest part is getting to the existing door lock/alarm ECU. Anyway, if you are going to go to the trouble of installing something, you should just get a good aftermarket alarm IMHO. The keyless entry/alarm has few features, and poor remote range.</STRONG>

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want it because its so cheap and I HATE aftermarket alarms. That and only the real expensive ones will work with a turbo timer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just put mine in yesterday. Took me 6 hours but I was taking my time and struggled a bit with the disassembly of the interior. :confused:

Its just tedious work in small areas.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks dude. I might be emailing you some time in the near future to get more details.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's not hard at all to do at all.

Yea man, send me an email whenever and I will tell you where I had trouble spots and give a couple hints that would have saved me alot of time off the install.

It was my first mod!!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts