Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to fit the 2JZ-GTE D.O.T street leagal inti-polution systeme on the 1JZ-GTE to make it street leagal in America:dunno:

Thanx!

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about in all the other states, but in the state of colorado, you can get what is called a DR2365, they fill out this sheet saying what year the engine is, displacement, what body the car is etc.... pretty simple

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRD91whtMK3 ver.2 said:
I don't know about in all the other states, but in the state of colorado, you can get what is called a DR2365, they fill out this sheet saying what year the engine is, displacement, what body the car is etc.... pretty simple
I have my invoice from Jarcoinc the place I bought the clip.

It state's, JZA70 Twin-Turbo Half-Cut, including Driveshaft & Rear Suspention Components. Above componentce have not been approved by the U.S D.O.T for street use. Half-Cut may not meet U.S Emissions Regulation.
And the sertified millage is there and so far......

For the papers it's not a probleme, it's the Emissions Regulation the probleme. Can it be D.O.T modified to suit Emissions Regulation.:(

Jeff

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
It's peice of cake in Ontario here... the emissions tests state that if you are running an engine not originally available in that chassis from the manufacturer you are classed as a "hot rod" and only have to meet 1980 emmission spec. (I could be foring on one cylinder and puking oil out the tail pipe and meet that spec ;) )

I also have read just today that the EGR from the 2J bolts right onto the 1J... so that should help a lot.

BTW... shouldn't this be in MKIII general? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
51Cards said:
It's peice of cake in Ontario here... the emissions tests state that if you are running an engine not originally available in that chassis from the manufacturer you are classed as a "hot rod" and only have to meet 1980 emmission spec. (I could be foring on one cylinder and puking oil out the tail pipe and meet that spec ;) )

I also have read just today that the EGR from the 2J bolts right onto the 1J... so that should help a lot.

BTW... shouldn't this be in MKIII general? ;)
Is that law used in all provinces, where can I get the info in my province conserning that if you don't know the answer, and consernig the EGR do I lose power?

Thanx steve!:)

And what's BTW?:p

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
HADALIFE said:
Is that law used in all provinces, where can I get the info in my province conserning that if you don't know the answer, and consernig the EGR do I lose power?

Thanx steve!:)

And what's BTW?:p
No clue... a quick search by me didn't bring up the Quebec emissions site. The Ontario one is http://www.driveclean.com/

EGR... yes... you will loose some power... how much? eh.. not tons. If you get one just put it on for the test... give the ECU some time to settle in.. and test. Then pull it if you're concerned.

BTW = By The Way :)

Yer welcome!

·
TURBO
347 Posts
No clue... a quick search by me didn't bring up the Quebec emissions site

That is becouse in QUebec there is not Emission testing, Not yet anyways.

so putting a 1JZ in a mkIII supra is not a prob here on the Emission points.

and if you have to go for a road safety inspection, just make sure you have a Cat on there, and that the exhaust does not leak and your good to go, they do not test for DB sound, and dont care if you have 3" piping, as long as you have no leaks and a Cat, your good to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx!:)

51Cards said:
No clue... a quick search by me didn't bring up the Quebec emissions site. The Ontario one is http://www.driveclean.com/

EGR... yes... you will loose some power... how much? eh.. not tons. If you get one just put it on for the test... give the ECU some time to settle in.. and test. Then pull it if you're concerned.

BTW = By The Way :)

Yer welcome!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
supra1989turbo said:
That is becouse in QUebec there is not Emission testing, Not yet anyways.

so putting a 1JZ in a mkIII supra is not a prob here on the Emission points.

and if you have to go for a road safety inspection, just make sure you have a Cat on there, and that the exhaust does not leak and your good to go, they do not test for DB sound, and dont care if you have 3" piping, as long as you have no leaks and a Cat, your good to go.
Did you pas these test's?

Pis ces bon de savoir que t'est du Quebec.:)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Will be going through the process soon, here in Dallas. Have already been in touch with the DMV/Emissions and have a couple of different plans....

First, I'll just go get inspected and try to pass. The car is mostly stock and the emissions should meet whatever minimums are there. the only real concern is passing the visual portion of the inspection, which does require them to verify EGR, etc.

If I don't pass on the visual, then I go and seek a waiver..... they said it should not be a very big deal, so long as I show some effort ($$) towards making it cleaner ....like making sure that I have a cat, etc.....

I'm shooting for doing all of this next week, but am kinda busy and may not be able to 'til the next. Will keep ya posted....

Elvis 90TT (Canadian model w/1JZ)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Satan said:
Will be going through the process soon, here in Dallas. Have already been in touch with the DMV/Emissions and have a couple of different plans....

First, I'll just go get inspected and try to pass. The car is mostly stock and the emissions should meet whatever minimums are there. the only real concern is passing the visual portion of the inspection, which does require them to verify EGR, etc.

If I don't pass on the visual, then I go and seek a waiver..... they said it should not be a very big deal, so long as I show some effort ($$) towards making it cleaner ....like making sure that I have a cat, etc.....

I'm shooting for doing all of this next week, but am kinda busy and may not be able to 'til the next. Will keep ya posted....

Elvis 90TT (Canadian model w/1JZ)
I'f if's longer than antisipated, here's my email to give me news on it if the thread is not there anymore.

Thanx alot man:)
Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts