Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the flywheel is still good can I leave it in with a new clutch install? RPS reccomends I put a new one in?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With Toyota LUC dual-mass flywheels you never know. It might looks great when you visually inspect its friction surface, but internally it might have stretched springs and/or damaged rubber dampeners. Trust me, you are better off installing a new one in there, for the peace fo mind. Especially if you are installing it together with a performance cutch. They are expensive, but when installed properly they last a long time. Replace flywheel bolts too, of if reusing old ones coat their threads with Loctite so they dont back out on you. Hope this helps.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you

Thanks for your input. After I made the original post I decided to do exactly what you said. Thanks again

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
I did not change my flywheel when i installed my trd. When i let off the gas i hear a clunk. I know i have a bad engine mount but some of it might be due to the flywheel not absobing as it should.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i'd change it for the hell of it. it is about $450 buck..but well worth it when you have the tranny out.
it'll save you time and money.

or get the lighten flywheel..it aint all that bad. i had it done wiht the RPS stage 2... cluttering isn't noticable. but it's there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts