Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...do you remove a turbo elbow thats been rusted on to the exhaust housing??i removed all 4 bolts but the damn thing wont come off...even tried spraying pb blaster around the edges. any tips?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
hit it with a hammer duh! lol thats what i had to do and it worked for me.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
hammer it off. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with a chisel/metal hammer? where would be the most effective place to hit it without damaging anything

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
your not gonna damage that elbow at all beleive me, its like pure iron. just bang that bitch, i wacked mine real good, left just a little scuff on the outside, your sure the hell not gonna crack it or dent it. :lol:
so bang it right now

·
Dont question the good Dr
474 Posts
use a thin nosed chisel, and use a hammer to knock it into where the elbow meets the housing. Here's a tip that always works for me, get yourself a torch, like a propane torch that welders use or something similar and hit up that area for a good couples of minutes. Then go to town hitting that bastard. It should come off.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn ive been hitting this thing with a hammer and chisel right where the turbo meets the housing where theres a little tab sticking out but i seem to be denting the iron and it hasnt budged AT ALL

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
well there should be a metal gasket in between there so that might be what that tab is. bang on it from all sides and get a screw driver and do like you were. maybe stick a bar in the O2 hole and pry

·
Registered
946 Posts
listen up, I wouldn't hit it off with a hammer or any turbo component for that matter... best bet is to use a heat gun or flame on it to heat it up where the elbow is joined to the turbo... Once its all nice and heated, LIGHTLY tap it off.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
oh ya! i forgot theres bolts hahahaha. i dont know wha ti was thinking, ya, you have to get it loose somehow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts