Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a local '00 GSXR 600 for $3100. It has 11,000 miles, D+D pipe, new brakes and rear tire. Pretty perfect condition except for some small scratches, never wrecked or laid down. I can also get the guy to throw in a Joe Rocket jacket, gloves, and helmet for another $200.

Seems like a great deal to me but what do you all think? It would be my first bike.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
I say VERY good deal according whats listed above

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm meeting with him on Thursday... we exchanged a bunch of emails and he seems like an honest guy, told me that someone else is also looking at it but that I have first dibs since I talked to him first. Hoping it works out, it is a little more than I should spend but since it is coming with all the gear I need that really makes a big difference.

I am signing up for an MSF course that runs the 19-21st so with any luck I'll be riding within about 2 weeks!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yeah thats a pretty good deal especially when its usually a 6 year contract when he bought it new if he financed the bike in 2000 he paid prolly 7500.00 now u you have it for 3k with title. not bad at all.

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
I don't think it's a bad idea for a first bike. As long as he has a steady wrist, he'll be fine.

Brian

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't think it's an idiot idea at for this guy for one simple reason, the way he is talking about it. He makes me think he's got a good head on his shoulders by talking about gear and already signing up for the MSF course. To me weather someone should jump on a bigger bike or more powerful has nothing to do with riding time but more about how well they can control their wrist and if they can avoid peir pressure.

·
Banned
888 Posts
that's actually a pretty fat deal. you just got to see how the title is. And how the condition of the bike is motor wise.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Almost any good condition bike is worth 3K. IMHO.

G

·
I paid $3,800 for an '02 with 4000 mi. It also came with a D&D pipe, jacket/gloves/helmet and a new rear tire. :)

Spend a few hundred more and pick up a '01 - '03.

Brian

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this one fell through so I am looking for something else... $3k is at the moment my upper limit, I should really be spending more like $2k which I know means a probably early 90s bike if I want a 600cc 'R' of some sort.

If anyone know of any good deals, let me know!

·
Fasthawk
145 Posts
You can easily get a pre '03 sv650s for under $3k. Plus they're very friendly beginner bikes.

Also, never buy a used helmet. You don't know if its been droped - which can greatly compromise the helmet's protection if you ever crash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts