Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is this fuel compared to what you are using as your racefuel?

RON 102
MON 90
Density 76,5% (of water)
airpressure KpA 50-60
Oxygen 2,7%

And a few other parameters that are 0 or 0,00001%...

Some of theese figures don't say anything to me....

Please advise me about this fuel and compare it with what you are using in US

:) :cool: :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody here that knows...

Any comments would be appreciated...

I'm going to buy this fuel soon and want to know how it it compared to your racefuel in US.

please....:cool:

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Using R+M/2 that is 96 octane. Seems like that would be good fuel for a BPU car, and better than most of the commonly available grades of pump premium here in the USA other than the places that sell 100 octane unleaded.

I bet most/all BPU cars would have 0 timing retard using that fuel at 20 psi or less.

The best pump premium we get is 94 octane, but many areas of the US only get 91 to 93. Here in California we only get 91.

Is this gas from a regular station, or do you have to buy it by the drum? By the drum we can get VP103, MON 99, RON 107.

The higher the Motor Octane (MON) the better the fuel will resist preignition/detonation under load.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx Lagtime,

So when you calculate your octan it is r+m/2....

The pumpgas here in sweden is just named after the R, and then the best pumpgas is 98, wich when calculated on your way is just (89+98)/2=93,5 octan...interesting

The fuel I was talking about is a racingfuel, can not be bought as pumpgas and is several times more expensive than our pumpgas which in your eyes is expensive too, a bit over 3$/gallon!

You buy 100octan racefuel for the same price I buy pumpgas!!

wish we had your prices here.......

:cool: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts