Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Unstable
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the tranny to fix my release hub and noticed just how bad my stock flywheel was. I have a spare that I was going to get resurfaced, but just didn't have the time. My stock flywheel has so much play in it that its not even funny! :eek: When I have access to a garage I will pull the trans again, but it's supposed to be below freezing within the next day or so. :(

I plan to seldomly drive the car until I can get to a garage, but I'm wondering how long that stock one will last.

·
Unstable
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Nick. I did in fact purcahse a used one with minimal passes. However, I was having a hard time trying to find a local place to resurface it. WAP wouldn't do it. The flywheel to me felt very 'loose'. That's my main concern, though I really don't have any experience with 'em to compare to. Good news is that it doesn't chatter at all anymore (at idle) and seems completely normal. Maybe I'm just a paranoid person. :p

I'm not bothered by it anymore and have decided to swap out the stock disc to the ACT unsprung complementing a new stock FW. I still have to do my tranny seals, rear oil seal, etc. Guess this calls for a new shifter and bushings as well.

The car really did/does need some work, but I'm not disapointed in it one bit! It sure as hell felt good to fix all those boostleaks! ;)I found the main source of my high RPM shifing problem as well; the slave cylinder piston seal was rotted away. That is fixed. Now I have to fix the leak coming from the turbo oil line and the PS cooler. I also finally found out what clutch setup was in the car. It's an ACT PP with stock disc.

I really missed driving it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts