Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say it was not too beat up, but not too pampered either just under normal conditions, how good is a supra engine for? NA or TT

krystian

btw im talkin bout like miles wise

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
That is a pretty generic question. It is going to depend alot on how good the car was maintained and so forth. There is no definite time frame on when a motor is going to go south. A lot of it has to deal with the drivers style of driving. No one can really say when or how long a motor can last if someone can he is full of it. There are way to many variables to say on how long any motor can last. On a side note, there are a couple of people in this forum with well over 100K miles on their motors without any problems.

·
Registered
532 Posts
just for your info krystian, there was a guy who was selling a supra tt that had 300k or 350k miles on it. my friend has almost 150k on his, and he still runs on original turbos, there are several memebers with well over 100k.

O

·
0 Posts
I have 150K on mine with the origional turbos and the motor is bulletproof. The turbos are tired though, they only support 368 rwhp with FMIC, DSBC, DP w/ Tanabe Racing Madallion, S-AFC, and VPC. I belive that the seals are blown considering they blow a little blue smoke when I rev at stoplights. T-78 goes in Tuesday, and I believe that the motor can handle it with ease.

Eric

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot, cause i was lookin at supras and most used ones have around 60-90k miles on them, i just want to kno if they wont fall apart on once i purchase one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts