Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i am wondering is basically how long can stock twin last on a bpu supra..i mean i bought this supra and it is bpu but the boost was never turned up past 16 psi..and now its back to running stock boost...i was wondering if i leave the settings on low boost 14- 15psi and leave my high boost setting for only when i wanna race or run at the track..will my stock twins last a long time...and yes i do have a turbo timer and i change the oil and do all the maintinence on them...i am just wondering what the average life span on the stock twins would be...this sounds like a newbie question but i wanna know what i am getting myself into..the car has 90k miles on it original twins ..its a 6 spod also if that matters....
also i did a search and ddint get what i wanted but is it worth it to just get the twins rebuilt back to stock or get used ones..since i am going to stay running stock twins for a long time...also how much does i cost for all this....

thanx for the help in advance

ant

·
Registered
658 Posts
with judicous over booosting to 18 psi they can last 150,000 plus ymmv. Going TTC helps as well I trashed number two on mine from a bad vsv. The sequential system was not designed for BPU rebuilding stockes (only a good idea if the shaft is not twisted 300 or so per turbo) figuare 15 hours of labor at you local going rate and 60 bucks in additional parts

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
There is not "set milage" for the twins. But with proper maintenance and care, the stock twins should last you for thousands of miles to come.

Joe

S

·
0 Posts
my last set lasted 140,000 miles , my set after that lasted 2 days , and my set now lasted about 4,000 miles so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts