Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
150xxx miles on mine... just wondering if it would be something I should also replace when replacing the engine / getting alot more power out of mine. 150xxx miles when I plan on pushing a decent amount of power sounds like it could be bad...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
I really believe in limits to our tranny equal that of our horsepower.

But for piece of mind, and the fact that it will be much easier to do with the engine out, I say go for it.

New clutch and flywheel too if it's time.

-Brent

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
its all in how you use it or abuse it...

Ang

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
use/abuse is all of it..plus if you maintain it by looking for problems early on and fixing them before they become too bad

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Is it possible to spruce up my r154 in my garage? Like change the syncros, bearings, & seals? Mine isnt shot it still goes quite good but the syncros in 2nd are on their way out and 3rd might be next?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i have a manual tranny and its still running strong at 215k miles. also my first BHG.. figures i wasnt driving the car until 214k

·
Registered
169 Posts
I abuse my tranny often, I have some minor mods, but not too dramatic increase of power :p My tranny is still kickin at 216,000 miles. All I have replaced is the clutch and flywheel. They're quite stout and well prepared to take some abuse.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
my tranny is going strong even after 211k miles....only thing is 2nd grinds a lil over 4k rpm and it might need new bushings, but i say throw all u got at it....itlll most likely take the abuse =)

Toyota mustive done something right...hehehe...

my poor Sian...she needs medical attention...perhaps a nose job?

I

·
0 Posts
Serzy said:
Is it possible to spruce up my r154 in my garage? Like change the syncros, bearings, & seals? Mine isnt shot it still goes quite good but the syncros in 2nd are on their way out and 3rd might be next?
What does a bad syncro feel like...what symptoms? I have an R154 and *think* my 3rd is going.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
a grinding sound/feel when you put it in gear...gradually getting worse over time until they totally crap out and you cant get the car in gear...my 2nd and 3rd are about shot...but im going to wait till it talkes a shit before i rebuild

1 - 11 of 11 Posts