Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously if you take good care of it, it's gonna last longer..

.. but under general circumstances, how long does the NA motor last for? I'm considering the purchase of a Lexus SC300 which has the same drivetrain. Is it a good idea to purchase the car with over 100k+ miles on it?

At least for SC300's the main problems seem to be the power steering pump which can fail, leak and destroy the alternator. Is this problem also common in the NA Supras?

Thanks for the input, in advance.
-Brian.

·
5,059 Posts

;)

At least for SC300's the main problems seem to be the power steering pump which can fail, leak and destroy the alternator. Is this problem also common in the NA Supras?
I haven't heard that with the NA Supra. But a problem common with NA Supra is the lack of power ;)

MoogieBoogie will this car be your daily driver? Also what year is it?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Axionf117 said:

;)

I haven't heard that with the NA Supra. But a problem common with NA Supra is the lack of power ;)

MoogieBoogie will this car be your daily driver? Also what year is it?
Hi Dave,

Yes, Dukki helped me sell my Prelude, so I'm looking into an older SC300 with over 100k miles. My main concern is that this car will be unreliable, but it seems that the SC300 is a very practical car for daily driving. I'm not really too concerned with power, because I'm sure the NA engine would be enough power for me. Trust me, I'm more than satisfied on my almost-stock Supra.

How long would the engine last. In addition, how much does a new motor cost? I'm not even thinking about a 2JZ-GTE swap because I've read it would cost at least $10,000 for the motor and swap. Although that would be pretty damn nice :D

-Brian.

P

·
0 Posts
The Na Supra should last very long..........I had mine thoroughly checked out at 60,000 miles.......... and the mechanic (35+ year import mechanic, mostly toyota) said the engine was basically in new shape, and he has an mk3, w/ 250.000+ miles on his and runs great. So to answer your question.........yes they do last, if you have your oil changed in your car. Yes the 2jz-ge is a cheaper motor, and more readily available, since it's used in several toyota vehicles.........don't know prices though. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,

I have a supra na, 93.5 with 96K miles on it. It is running fine, but the onli thing that is bothering me is my top speed. Was reading the thread on NA topspeed. SOme of the other NAs said their top speeds were in the range of 140-150 mph. I could only run it to about 130 max. Hope this helps.

kjinn
93.5 NA 5speed
Dragger, SMF intake

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
My NA Supra has 117k miles and runs great!

hope i helped too! haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts