Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back after getting the wheels balanced. I noticed that the inside edges of my rear tires are almost bald. The car itself has 11K miles on it, but the tires have been on the car for about 8K miles now. They are Pirelli P7000 275/35/18s.

My question is, how long should these tires have lasted ? The previous owner had them on before i bought it, so i don't really know if this happened because of bad alignment.
Also, how are the P7000s ?? If i get the alignment done and buy 2 new tires, which do i go with ?? Keep in mind that the front two tires look brand new (Also Pirelli P7000s) !!

Thanks in advance for your help !

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does the car have aftermarket springs? If so It is possible the car was never properly aligned taking the springs into account. That is too much wear too soon, also the wear should be more evenly distributed.. There seems to be either too much camber or too much toe out on the back. Getting an alignment will save the next set you buy.

·
462 Posts
After I got my springs/shocks/alignment completed, I still get excessive inner tire wear...this is normal if you are running a racing aligment similar to Lances or Andi B's. Some tires can be flipped on the rim if you catch them in time.

Just a refresher:

Some people like to run -1.5 camber all around, 1mm of toe all around, and 5 degrees of caster. This is a good road racing setup.

Lance's alignment is fr: camb -1.0, cast
+5.0, toe 0.0. rear: camber -1.5 toe 1.0mm.

Hope this helps...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joose, thanks for the compliment !!

mervinnn, my car doesen't have After Market Springs, so the only thing that comes to my mind is the Alignment..
Unfortunately i didn't catch the wear on time..so, i'm screwed now..I have to buy 2 rear tires..

Hboostn97TT, i don't think i have the Racing Alignment...
Does everyone use Lance's alignment Specs ??
What do you think of P7000s ??

Thanks guys !!

·
462 Posts
I think many are running Lance's...but it's a good question.

I am running the racing alignment, but the camber is not that much different and the toe helps to compensate a bit for the extra wear.

Good luck.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i'll go with Lance's Specs..and be careful enough to check the tires every couple of thousand miles..But, my question still remains...Is it worth it to buy 2 new P7000s, or should i buy 4 of another brand ?? If so, which ones ?
Btw, has anyone her bought stuff from Tirerack.com ? Are their tires okay, or do they sell old ones ?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This sucks big time.. I was saving up for an FMIC, but now this shit...I think i can just afford 2 tires at this point. Would it make
any difference in the ride if i have 2 P7000s in the front, and
two different brand tires in the rear (ofcourse, it'll look weird !!).

Thanks guys !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts