Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookign at a 87 with 130xxx miles on it? 2400. I dont have deep pockets but i am definately considering buying this one? any tips? :dunno:

·
Banned
612 Posts
depends on how bad the previous owners have beat on it.. is it an original owner? doesnt sounds like it for that price..

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I have 203k... on a swapped engine though :/

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i have about 150 on mine, but that's maybe 120 on the engine that's in it now with a rebuild around 75. of course, my speedo doesn't work so most of those are just estimates. generally, learn to fix it and figure out who to call for parts and the car will only be expensive in terms of time because stock parts are plentiful and most are cheap.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
I've got 176k on mine. Original engine (no rebuilds) original turbo (no rebuilds). It all depends on how it was treated before you got it.. and how you treat it.

Do the prev maint work and take care of the issues as they arrise and the car will take care of you.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
MK3's dont die...they may eat hg's but they wont die...they just go faster :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
I have 207k but engine has MHG and was reringed and had new bearings put in 60k ago by the previous owner. Still runs great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I knew a guy who had a 87 turbo mklll and his hg went out on him at 150,000. Like PARealtor said it all depends on who had it, and how they took care of it. Have you driven the one your looken at?

·
Take it!
996 Posts
be prepared for maintenance! turbo supras require lots of care for it to last long! Basically Turbo Supras are not meant for people who dont have deep pockets! They require attention just like having a girlfriend! =)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well when i meant i dont have deep pockets i meant like having like 1k all the time. I can get regualr maintenance and shit but i dont have say 1k a month on reparis. IF the turbos are hard to maintain, how are the NA's? i heard that therye pretty fast as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts