Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the grand scheme of TT exhausts, what range does the APEXi N1 hit... 1 being stock and 10 being downpipe >out

Also.... how much difference does the silencer do???

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had the Apexi N1 and currently have the Apexi GT Spec and they are about the same. Apexi N1 is not a very loud exhaust because it has a resonator before the muffler. On a scale from 1 to 10, I say the N1 is probably 5 or 6. The sound is not obnoxious and at low RPMs it is quiet. The N1 is one of my favorites.

I hope this helps.

Later
Donatas

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thanks for your help.... in your opinion.. how was the look..

side note.. what rims are those on your car... 5Zigen??

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the stock exhaust is a 4/10, I'd give the N1 (I had the GT spec version) a 7/10 at WOT. It was a nice exhuast b/c it was polished all the way back (not just the can), and had a huge diameter, but I traded in for a Tanabe Racing Medallion (no resonator). For a truly aggressive sound, the TRM is the way to go (with no cats, of course). Be prepared to set off car alarms in parking garages, though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
Yes, thanks for your help.... in your opinion.. how was the look..

side note.. what rims are those on your car... 5Zigen??
I really like the look of the muffler at an agle. It makes the exhaust much straighter with minimal bends.

Yes, the wheels are 5Zigen 5ZR Copse.

Later
Donatas

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size are those wheels and approx how much did they cost you...
thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the Apexi N1 but just recently switched to the BLITZ nurspec R. Man i luv my blitz exhaust! its full stainless steel polised and fits great. For some reason my N1 never fit correctly. but sound wise, i think they both sound great at cruising speed (not too loud) and at WOT.

wezz

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
In my opinion, the Blitz Nur Spec sounds much better, but it wasn't an apples to apples comparison for me since my Nur Spec was on a twin turbo Supra and the N1 on my old single turbo. I can tell you that the construction, fit, and finish of the Blitz is in another league...it's amazing! ;)

Steve T.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've been meaning to ask this.... does the resonator on the n1 restrict horsepower? :confused:

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
can someone post more pics of the apex gt spec? the ones on mkiv.com aren't very good... preferably on a supra without a kit... which one was louder, gt spec or n1? which sounded better? thanks

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Mk4play said:
i've been meaning to ask this.... does the resonator on the n1 restrict horsepower? :confused:
For sure.

Second inportant think is that it makes bad ground clearance. I have 2'' drop and quite often I do scratch my N1:(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can`t tell you how loud is apexi but blitz nur spec w/o silencer & hks super dragger are very loud :)
cu
mac

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But with the silencer the should be resonable for daily driving right??

·
Registered
532 Posts
the n1 and the gtspec are about the same loudness, and sound almost indentical...its hard to tell the difference between the two.
the gtspec is shiny, and is a little bigger than the n1 in size, other than that, they are pretty much the same. my gt has nice rumble while cruising, certainly not obnoxious or anything, and a very nice roar at upper rpm. if you like the angled look, then this is the exhaust to get. i'd take a pic, but i have nowhere to host it....i can send u some emails of it tho...just let me kno. later
kevin

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MK4play,

you could cut and weld the pipe, but that is one beautiful exhaust you are cutting into. If you are even considering cutting out the resonator (like I was), just get another exhaust (like I did--tanabe racing medallion--no cats, no silencer, and loving every time i go through a tunnel!!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts