Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'
That's my question for an '86.5. How many blasted brakelines do I have? Okay - so you say - can't she count? Well, yes, I count 3 sections of rubber brake line between the caliper and the hardline near the top of the inner fenderwell for each front. That makes 6 total sections for the front.

The rears are easy - just one each side.

So that makes 8 right? Well my problem is that trying to buy the lines, I can't find anyone who will confirm that 8 is the proper number and most kits for the mkiii that I've found list 4 as the number of lines in the kit. Supraman741 posted up a kit with 6 (Techna-fit) but the store says they were discontinued (and I count 8). Techna-fit's website has the following information:
Techna-fit

All of which is even more confusing as they have an 8 piece kit for the '87 and a 4 piece kit for 87-92.

So what is it? How many do I have? Do I have 4 that just look like 8?

·
Registered
335 Posts
there is only 4 brake line to all cars
the 4 extra line is the hard line and it doesn't count as brake line.
brake line is the rubber line and just purchase 1 (4 lines per set)
two line for the front and 2 for the back.
search for the TsRM in the forum and you will get the diagram for the brake.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawndude said:
I don't know, but these may help:
Yes! Thanks, Shawndude and Suprana1990! Those exploded diagrams show one larger piece sectioned off into three pieces. I guess those pieces don't come apart but just have hardware for the clips and brackets. And it seems to be the same part number for all the model years.

I wonder why Techna-Fit has an 8 piece kit for 1987 - since I don't see how to make 8 pieces out of it from that diagram - but I won't go there any further:p.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
SilkE said:
Yes! Thanks, Shawndude and Suprana1990! Those exploded diagrams show one larger piece sectioned off into three pieces. I guess those pieces don't come apart but just have hardware for the clips and brackets. And it seems to be the same part number for all the model years.

I wonder why Techna-Fit has an 8 piece kit for 1987 - since I don't see how to make 8 pieces out of it from that diagram - but I won't go there any further:p.
Actually the last time I did my brake lines (went with stainless steel braided goodridge lines) the stock front pieces do come apart into 3's, aight peace and have fun

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BoostAddctn said:
Actually the last time I did my brake lines (went with stainless steel braided goodridge lines) the stock front pieces do come apart into 3's, aight peace and have fun
How many pieces were in the Goodridge Kit? 4 or 8? Maybe some kits have 4 and some have 8 depending on whether the pieces are supplied put together or apart? See what I mean? This is driving me nuts. I really wanted the Techna-Fits but the shop (notice - not naming names here) told me I had to tell THEM how many lines I need and Techna - Fit doesn't answer the phone. Any body have the Techna - Fit part number?

Maybe I'll just go with Goodridge:( .

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Goodridge kit has 4 lines, the Technafit kit that is on my car is a 6 line kit. I got mine from www.alamomotorsports.com even though they list it as 4 line it's really 6 line. It doesn't add any lines to the car, they just segment it so the install is easier.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bishop92T said:
Goodridge kit has 4 lines, the Technafit kit that is on my car is a 6 line kit. I got mine from www.alamomotorsports.com even though they list it as 4 line it's really 6 line. It doesn't add any lines to the car, they just segment it so the install is easier.
Thanks, man! That clears it up for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts