Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching for a month now, and I am tired of going from website to website looking for rims that fit our TT rears.

Evidently 10.5" to 11.0" with 50mm+/- offset is pretty rare. I have been to most of the obvious websites, but wondering if anyone can add to my list.

Forgeline
CCW
BBS
Fiskes
Blitz
Konig
Advan
????

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
stumove said:
:lol: Please remove from list, pronto.

Add SSR to the list (Speed Star Racing). :cool:

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Nooooooooooooo dont get ride of your volks, they look soooo good. Are you gonna get another set of bronze rims!? Please say yes lol. PS I love your car.

Johnny

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Re: Re: How many choices for 10.5-11" 50mm rims

FYRARMS said:

Add SSR to the list (Speed Star Racing). :cool:
Forget about SSR's they're ugly!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
SSR offers a 10.5 +55mm offset and an 11" +49mm offset in at least 7 different styles. You can buy a whole set from Eurosports for around $2,600 and they are typically offered in silver, chrome or some kind of black chrome or gunmetal.

GPO Decolte Evolution

Proffesor SP1

Velbret

Minerva

Sovereign

Courage

And of course the GT3 (but you have to special order if you buy through The Tire Rack)

Of course like Jim said there ugly. :)

Later, Steve

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
If I had a good thing to say about Braids I would ask that you add them to the list but I dont. I have waited over 5 months now for a replacement outer rim band and the SS hardware to replace my rusting wheel hardware. If i had to do it all over again (and I might anyways) I would probrobly go with CCW's. :(

Stu are you really going to cut your fender lips?

·
Stock Twins King
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brian,

So you never got that replacement rim peice huh? Wow, that sucks, talk about customer service!

Well, rumor has it, that I can go to 295's R and 275 F, without doing any fender moding. So I need at least a 10.5" to get a good 295, maybe even with an offset of 55mm. That should get me 295/30-17 or 18". This will be 1-3/8" overall tire width increase.

I hear CCW's are the least expensive. I am interested in weight as well. I guess I should call that guy at CCW and get some specs. I konw there has to be other choices out there somewhere. So guys keep giving me choices!

Stu

·
Registered
294 Posts
iForged?

I have heard some wishy washy things about their improving customer service, but the final product seems OK, and they are semi-custom and much better priced than HRE....I'll e-mail you a pic of a green with some wheels I believe are iForged...The thing looks badass (for green).

Later,

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Keep in mind that a 295 will clear mounted on a 10.5" wheel, but it will rub on an 11" wheel.

Later, Steve

·
Stock Twins King
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Steve, I also should ask about wheel heights as well. I am not too sure if it makes any difference if you go with a 17" vrs an 18" rim. Also, I have Tein's with only a 1/2" drop. If you think about it, wheel width shouldnt matter because the total height of either should be very similar. The aspect ratio just changes.
So to be on the safe side, I will limit my rears to 10.5".

Here is a thought. Maybe I can go out and buy just a set of rears at 10.5", then take my Volk rears @ 9.5", move those to the front, put some Victor Racers on the new rear rims, and go with that a race days? Maybe not a good idea.?! Then I would have S03's in the front, and R's in the rear on different rims.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
brian94ht,

I knew who you were talking to. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts