Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to see if I'm missing a fan. 94s come with 1 small electric fan behind the radiator, while 97-98s are provided with two? Do both years have an additional fan in front of the AC condensor? I did not have any additional fans when I purchased this car.

If there are, anyone have a photo?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think the autos come with the front mounted fan, but you can add it on with a 13" front mount fan. The wiring is already there, you should look for a hardness plug. Check out MVP cooling sections.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
1993.5 - 1996 ----- 6 speeds - 2 fans (clutch fan + electric fan behind radiator)

1993.5 - 1996 ----- automatics - 3 fans (clutch fan + electric fan behind radiator + electric fan in front of condenser)

1997 - 1998 ----- 6-speeds - 3 fans (clutch fan + 2 electric fans behind radiator)

1997 - 1998 ----- automatics - 4 fans (clutch fan + 2 electric fans behind radiator + electric fan in front of condenser)

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks buddy. Any reason why 97-98 have two electric fans?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm not sure, maybe the shroud was slightly redesigned for the aluminum radiator incorporated in 97 & 98.

I'll tell you this. It's a damn nice factory setup in 97,98 years. Aluminum radiator and lots of fans.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
When I put in my Koyo, I had to take one of the a/c fans out because it was hitting my intercooler pipe. But my car doesnt overheat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts