Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,can you guy's tell me how many mile's you get running super gas in your car.If I get 200 I'm luckey.Have other ? for some help.Some times when I start my car,the motor starts to rev up and down,rev up and rev down,it doesn't do it all the time but it just started doing this after my rebuild.I know something's not right here,so if anybody might be able to let me know where I might start at to fix this problem I sure could use the help.Thanks everyone.P.S does anyone have any pic's from the lynnwood meet.

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
I usually get like 200-250 miles per tank
almost every 5MGE and 6MGE Iv rebuilt has reved up and down like yours does, It could be a small intake leak try looking around the intake pipe for any cracks

if you need any more help try celicasupra.com the forum there might help you out alot more that here since there are tons more mk2 people there ;)

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
the 84 i just bought got ~280 miles on a full tank of 87 octane and i had almost a 1/4 tank of gas left. i was going ~80-90mph most the trip. btw, it has 244kmi on it. something isnt right on your car. is the tps hooked up? if so unplug it and see if the idle smooths out. if it does the tps is bad.
william

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Around town 200 mi is right, give or take some. I can only get about 15 mpg driving my car mostly around town very hard. Check for any stored engine codes and see if there are any EFI system woes. Bad 02 sensor will cause bad mileage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts