Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Toyota/Lexus Owner
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you can say that when you drive the Supra, you look more at the temp guage rather than any other guage. I've been traumatized by this car. My supra now has a trust metal head gasket but before that I would always have cooling issues, ALWAYS. I know my car is fine but I have a couple of friends who do this also.

·
you're my boy blue.
681 Posts
nope its all about the oil pressure. i glance at the temp guage all the time, but my car died because of an oil leak. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Generally speaking, I usually look at the speedo ;). I had a little bit of an oil leak problem early this season, but I kept it topped up, and had it fixed. Temps were a little high earlier too, but it was fixed with a new rad cap.

Overall not a lot of problems.

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
i put a temp gauge in my pillar pod just to watch it, even though i have a 2mm MHG and completely clean coolant system... LOL but i also keep my eye on that damn oil press too!!!

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I keep my eye on oil pressure most. I am slightly modded ... "BPU".
*No, I don't believe that "BPU" is only for mk4s. It should be for all trubo cars.

With more mods, my eyes might be going crazy as I often glanced at various guages to make sure everything was well.

EDIT: In light of MKIIISUPRAGUY's post,

I keep my eye on the tach most for intense driving.
Tach/oil pressure for burnouts/peelouts.

Speedometer lately because of how many cops we have in our county. Hopefully I wont have to look at the speedo much any longer after I get a V1.;)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i keep an eye on my TACH the most. gotta shift yo ;)

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
When I first installed my engine post-mhg I actually had a few nightmares where that bloody temp gauge spiked. thankfully I have not had any overheating since. I generally glance at the oil pressure and vacume/boost gauge more than the others

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Yeah I'm always(or was) looking the temp gauge. but I check all gauges frequently.

Later I will have the Defi-Link gauges system and be sure to set limits and alarm for each gauges so I don't have to ALWAYS check all of them at the same time and concentrate on the road or the tach to shift at the right time.;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think I watch my gauges moe so than the road. Mostly my Temp and oil pressure. And everyonce in a while I like to keep an eye on the boost.;)

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
highway runs-speedo

everything else..temp and oil pressure...when i first got my supra, it used to be me checking my boost gauge everyday..till i started getting the notorious problems. Since then it all changed..boost gauge becomes next to last next to the gas gauge.

·
GIT-R-DONE YALL HEAR
491 Posts
man i have to agree with you, always my temp guage, when i put my new guages on, i messed up my temp guage, so its reading about a quarter over the norman temperature, even though its norman, sometimes i forget about it, and when i look at it man my stomach starts hurting, thinking my car is overheating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts