• I don't.

Votes: 22 28.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple poll.

How many of you actually daily drive around town with no spare... for little bit better performance?

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
i was considering taking out my space since I don't have a jack in the car anyway. but last time I got a puncture I was close enough to my friends house to use his jack and my spare. without it I would have been fucked since I doubt a honda 4 lug spare (aka bicycle tire) would fit.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't drive that far anyway... I leave her at home. (Mine is a full size spare... is everyones?)

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
I had a nice blowout when I made a hard u turn about two weeks ago. Shoutout to r1otvenom for helping me change the tire.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I do. I had a catastrophic blowout on I-95 through the Bronx (hit a pothole that destroyed a sawblade) and had to sleep in my car that night in the Bronx until help arrived. I never drive without a spare anymore and keep a tire inflator in the car as well.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have no spare tire. But I do have a can of fix-a-flat. I once did get nail in my tire, but lucky for me, it took hours for the air to leak out. BTW, the stock spair tire and jack weigh 48 pounds.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Anyone who's seen me reply to these type posts know that I feel that people who ditch their spare tires are total retards...

A can of fix-o-flat's really goona help you when your tire disintegrates going down the highway...:rolleyes:. It takes waht, 2 minutes to take the tire out for a race?

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Well if your tire is disintegrating on the highway then I think you need to pay more attention to your tread before driving the car. I can understand taking spare out just to drive around with less weight period, but people who drive their cars with no tread on the highway especially are complete idiots. If you don't have the money for the tires then bum a ride from someone or drive another car simple.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
87SilverSupraTurbo said:
Well if your tire is disintegrating on the highway then I think you need to pay more attention to your tread before driving the car. I can understand taking spare out just to drive around with less weight period, but people who drive their cars with no tread on the highway especially are complete idiots. If you don't have the money for the tires then bum a ride from someone or drive another car simple.
So the only people who have blow-outs are the people who have very noticably worn tires? :wtf:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
My tires are nearly brand new Nitto 555's. The chances of them blowing out with the correct tire pressure are slim to none, unless the police decide to throw spike strips in front of me to slow me down.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
makenzie71 said:
So the only people who have blow-outs are the people who have very noticably worn tires? :wtf:
Huge difference between a BLOW OUT and a disintegrating tire:rolleyes: . C'mon, I still have mine in my trunk cause I am to lazy to take it out right now, but around here hard to get a blow out and everything is so close so I could get help easily.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would never drive around the Bronx w/o a spare :) Man, you're crazy... "Hi welcome to the Bronx.. **stab in the face** ... Hi welcome to..."

·
Registered
217 Posts
i dont have a cell phone right know so it would be a smart idea to put it back in but my rear end feals a little lighter and its easier to power her over (i love drifting) but if u really wanna know i dont carry my spare :( :)

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
I drive with a spare. It is added weight that helps when that EVIL white fluffy stuffs starts covering the ground.

On a serious note. There is no way I can ride without a spare around here. MN has some shitty ass roads. We have a saying...

How many season does MN have?

Two. Winter and road construction.

:)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
im fixin to keep my spare. Mac is right... fix-a-flat cant really seal a shredded tire...

ive already swapped out my stock Steel jack for an All-aluminum FC3S jack, and im fixin to swap my steelie full-size spare for a FC3S Vert wheel... as soon as i can find one. i figure i can save ~20 lbs or so... the concern is that the FC3S jack is only 720 kg, where the MK3 is 800 KG IIRC.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts