Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it, just wondering how many of you guys running single's are daily drivers. hp number? turbo size? regrets? etc. etc. TIA

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Im a SC300 with Full supra drivetrain, electronics, motor ect. PT61 Single. [email protected], with 530ft lb of stump pulling torque. [email protected] on pump gas. Drive at least 80 miles each work day (40 miles each way to work) Drive from Little Rock to New Orleans often. I have taken several 1000 mile plus round trips with it. I have only one regret, I did not put a upgraded torque converter in it sooner. Other than that none at all. Car spools great (small single for supra community). It makes great hp and great torque. Besides a bad alternator, and a stock twin (back when I was twins) that went out on me I have had no issues. Never stranded, never broken down. (I am knocking on wood right now) Gas mileage is good on road trips (mid to low 20's) Pretty crappy on city only driving (as low as 9) And upper teens on combo city highway.

I have had a 11 sec Miata, two 11 sec Nissan 240's, and other toys and this is BY FAR MY FAVORITE EVER. Great combo of comfort and fun. I wish the SC300 handled a bit better, however I will take care of that soon enough.

Danny

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
BL 57mm Turbo kit
3" downpipe/midpipe, fittings, etc
Greddy 3-row FMIC
Greddy RS BOV
Greddy S Recirc

Greddy Emanage + harnesses, etc
Greddy Fuel Pressure regulator
Greddy catch can

Koyo radiator
Greddy radiator cap
PS cooler
tranny cooler

TRD 2nd gen exhaust

Tein CS coilovers with upgraded springs (12kF, 7kR)
TMS Adjustable Sway Bars
front strut tower bar

Daily driver and occasional road racing.
Not really dynoed for power - probably 420 rwhp at 14-16 psi.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was d/d on my 94 w/76gts, 4" turbo back, titan fuel, aem, exedy hyper carbon twin plate, fluidyne, custom huge ass i/c w/4"t/b piping and tial bov. I had no complaints other than it wasn't enough power for me. It drove awesome with the twin carbon, but I was puttin gout more power than she could handle. I'm now in the process of upgrading to built motor, WOTM fuel, 47-80 and a tilton. She should be one bad mo fo when she's done and she'll be daily driven too.

James

·
Working Hard for Stroker!
215 Posts
i got a t88-h kit and pulling 7?? hp. really aggresive though :)

Mods:
Greddy T88-H Kit
HKS Titanium 102mm exhaust
Virtual Works Intake Manifold
AEM EMS
AEM 3.5 Map Bar
FJO Wide Band O2 Sensor
Greddy 4-row FMIC
HKS Cam Shaft 272 - Exhaust & Intake
HKS Cam Gears
Tial BOV
HKS DLI - Ignition
Koyo Radiator
ATI Crank Dampner Pulley
Unorthodox Pulleys - polished
Custom Fuel System
850cc Injectors

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i have a small single 62-1 P-trim only making about 450HP

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smaay said:
i have a small single 62-1 P-trim only making about 450HP
smaay, i see you're in cali like myself. Any big hassles with smog and emissions once your single?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bumpity

·
DEE RAWL
182 Posts
irish100p said:
I was d/d on my 94 w/76gts, 4" turbo back, titan fuel, aem, exedy hyper carbon twin plate, fluidyne, custom huge ass i/c w/4"t/b piping and tial bov. I had no complaints other than it wasn't enough power for me. It drove awesome with the twin carbon, but I was puttin gout more power than she could handle. I'm now in the process of upgrading to built motor, WOTM fuel, 47-80 and a tilton. She should be one bad mo fo when she's done and she'll be daily driven too.

James

Dayummmm ....not enough power??? haha wow..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Running a GReddy T78 with around 625rwhp @ 22psi (18psi on the street) as my daily driver. No regrets at all. Looking at increasing turbo size to a Turbonetics T72 so I can run same hp at lower boost.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
Running a t-88 34d, 6spd... ive made 500 rwhp on pump gas

my grocery getter :)

(I'm in college... and i live a block from campus, so although its my only car... I take campus bus versus drive it alot)

·
Motec - Race Smart
1,086 Posts
PT 71-gts
Triple pump fuel system
1000cc injectors
Motec M600
Tilton triple carbon
Stock radiator/fan
Engine is completely stock internally 76k miles
It's making around 600whp on pump gas

I drive it everyday and get 24mpg in the city and 28 on the highway. No problems at all, I love driving it.

·
The Red Beast
250 Posts
TitanDarin said:
PT 71-gts
Triple pump fuel system
1000cc injectors
Motec M600
Tilton triple carbon
Stock radiator/fan
Engine is completely stock internally 76k miles
It's making around 600whp on pump gas

I drive it everyday and get 24mpg in the city and 28 on the highway. No problems at all, I love driving it.
24mpg in city r u sure not with honda civic. my supra can't even get 24mpg on high way. If u did get 24mpg with supra can u tell me the secret how u do it. Thank you.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
AllAboutSleepers said:
Dayummmm ....not enough power??? haha wow..
u will be like this too after u get sick of ur 1st single turbo....
you'll want more power :bigthumb:

·
always watching
362 Posts
or more response. I know a couple guys with gt42r's/t76 who went down cuz they didn't like the lag

1 - 20 of 42 Posts