thanks for your help:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2jz T8834D said:
any where from 360 to 410rwhp.

2jz T8834D
Why such a BIG difference in your reply? It can be THAT much difference between Supras can there?

Maybe it's just me:D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is dependant on what psi of boost you run. the lower your psi the lower your rwhp. the higher your psi the higher your rwhp will be:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
What's the differens i n rwhp with setups like this when you compare Autos and manuals ?

Will an auto BPU also Dyno about 400rwhp at BPU and 18Psi ?

//

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mac,

Do you´re telling me that an BPU auto will if very lucky dyno only 333rwhp ?? this seems low to me..

333 + 20% = 400......

is this really true?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah , it`s true...
the best way you check your rwhp an at tranny is speedway...
you can make it with g-tech or blitz id but it is not so really...
cu
mac

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mac,

Let´s say that 2 cars 1man and 1 auto both makes 460Hp at the engine....

Manual...400RWHP loss is 15%
Auto 333RWHP loss is 28% !!!

Is the auto tranny really this powersucking.....??

I guess the difference between these 2 cars on a highwayrace will not be as noticeable as 67rwhp....

Is it an easy kill for a manual versus an auto both with the same engine power ??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@2bad4u
sorry, i missed this thread...
you can take 2 mk4`s. both with same mods. an at and one mt.
both accelerate similar but mt has 20 % more rwhp on dyno...
and both have the same engine power...
cu
mac

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it means 2 cars with same hp at the crank, with same time on 1/4 mile but with diffrent rwhp, depending on the gear and axel ratios. correct me if I'm wrong. but some mt measure on the dyno in the 4th other in the 5th gear, at only in the 3rd gear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok, then I see....

and if the cars are acceleration similar then the Rwhp also is similar but due to the way to measure it on the dyno it will show much more Hp with a 6speed...

thx for explaining ...

:cool: :cool:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't beleive its gearing in an mt vs. auto. In an automatic tranny the power is going through a torque converter and tranny fluid in order to get to the ground... in a manual tranny its more or less a complete mechanical connection between the clutch-->pressure plate--->tranny--->wheels.

Just my thoughts, correct me if I'm wrong.

--J

·
ankle breaker...
128 Posts
mac said:
@2bad4u
sorry, i missed this thread...
you can take 2 mk4`s. both with same mods. an at and one mt.
both accelerate similar but mt has 20 % more rwhp on dyno...
and both have the same engine power...
cu
mac
that's a really big difference.. are you sure??
because i have a '94 auto tt
dyno's at 297 rwhp, 298 rwtq
unless of course the manual dynos with numbers far greater than that.. and i dont' know about it
so you're saying that a manual supra would be putting 355.2 rwhp ?
wow
i'm not completely sure.. but i don't think i've heard of a stock tt that dyno's that much
;)

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
first off, if two cars accelerate the same and weigh the same then their rwhp numbers will be very similar...

the commonly accepted rule for drivetrain loss is that an auto tranny uses 20% TOTAL power, not 20% more than a manual... in other words, with an auto, 80% of the power makes it to the rear wheels... with a manual tranny more like 85% makes it to the rear wheels... so there is only a 5% difference between the two... there's no (properly functioning) tranny in the world (that would be found on a performance car anyway) that consumes 35% of the engine power (which would be 20% more than a manual)...

so for a stock TT, which seems to make about 350hp at the motor (they were underrated from the factory) you should see roughly 298rwhp on a 6-speed and 280rwhp on an auto...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts