Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many were actually sold in japan. i always wanted to know but im not sure if there is an answer to that question.

·
Registered
770 Posts
don't forget that plenty of those have ended up on the streets of other countries, that is where Australia, New Zealand and the rest of Asia gets their supras from as imports.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
quick_dry said:
don't forget that plenty of those have ended up on the streets of other countries, that is where Australia, New Zealand and the rest of Asia gets their supras from as imports.
Yup, my friend who went to Australia with his family for visit and he saw many Supras and Skylines on the street. He said it's like seeing Corvette easy on the street in America.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,424 Posts
Visited tokyo last month, and in 5 days seen only one mkIII the 2.5l version. Was very surprices, seen few silvias and skylines, but most of the cars there are small like corellas and sentras, lots of older cars. I actually seen a c5, but no supras. :confused:

·
Registered
659 Posts
so.. 24k in Japan, 11k in USA, and say 3k in europe (actually a lot in UK and less than 1k in all the rest of europe).... do you believe it is correct to say that there are around 38k MKIVs in the world?
That's pretty rare for a car being produced for almost 10years(in japan production ended on 2002)... :)

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
I thought there were around 8 k in the u.s.?

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
On my trip to Japan... I saw very few supras.. I was there for 11days and saw 2 supras..... However, I saw a ton of GTRs and GTSs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
a little off topic but

I don't think you can go posted by what the websites say. I have a 96 tt and its original color is silver. On the mkiv website it says silver was never made that year, but the car has never been repainted and the number on the door matches up to the silver paint.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My buddy recently visited New Zealand for a few months and said there are ton's of skylines and some supras. Ton's meaning..maybe about as many as camaro's/firebirds here?

-Corey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts