Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to sell my single turbo 93.5 hard top supra and have no idea what to ask for. Can someone give me some ball park pricing figures?

History:
• Purchased in 1999 with about 20,000 miles on it.
• Car has had several owners but they are all from the same family, I guess it was passed around.
• I have taken meticulous care or it. I have receipts for everything that has been done on it; this is about a five inch thick file. I have receipts for oil changes every 3000 miles starting with the cars vary first oil change.
• The car has about 130,000 miles on it, but this is not a good indication of wear. I drove back and forth between Houston and Austin every weekend for five years at 400 miles per round trip. This equates, realistically, to about 60,000 freeway miles just in-between Houston and Austin. I would say that better that 90% of the miles are freeway miles. This is also represented by the cars mechanical condition, flawless.

Mods – Short list:
• $6500 T04R/HKS turbo kit.
• Greddy 4-row intercooler
• Every other mod that does not require opening the motor.
• 18” x 9” front 18” x 11” OZ rims.
• TRD shock kit and big sway bars.

Over all condition:
• Being that the car lived on the freeway; the front clip has some rock chips.
• The headlights need to be cleaned or replaced with glass units.
• Small dent in rear quarter panel got clipped in parking lot. Will be fixed under insurance.
• Car has never been in any moving accident. Small dents acquired in parking lots have been repaired. No bondo anywhere on the body.
• Cars mechanical condition is flawless. I am a mechanical engineer and have replaced every part that may need attention way before its failure.
• The interior is in near new condition. I have replaced most anything with any signs of wear.

· Registered
13,979 Posts
My ball park guess = upper 20's. I bet many will say less, but depends if you want to hold out for a motivated buyer who wants a rare hardtop.

· Very Senior Member
10,533 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
My ball park guess = upper 20's. I bet many will say less, but depends if you want to hold out for a motivated buyer who wants a rare hardtop.
Surprisingly enough, I agree with Nick :stickpoke
I think it depends on how long you are willing to wait for that motivated buyer!

I think the best thing to do would be to let me drive it for a year or so with a For Sale sign in the rear side window................... :cool: :bigok: :hail:

· Registered
13,979 Posts
Now if it was an automatic, I'd say it's only worth half that ;) ...I thought I read it in FAQ here that selling price is directly proportional to e.t.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
car is a 6spd, and has a new transmission. the first trany was filled with gear oil when I purchesed the car. 93's-mkIII use diff. fluid in the transmission. this mistake was made by the toyota dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, the car is for sale.. And to the guy in Canada, I will be in Calgary the next two weeks on business. If this is close to you give me a call at 713-899-8167.

And to anyone interested in buying this car, I would really love to sell it to a supra enthusiast. I have spent an absorbent amount of time and money to keep the car mechanically flawless, and would hate for someone to run it into the ground.
I am asking in the high twenties for it, but willing to negotiate with someone that is willing to give it a good home. I have a few pictures I can send upon request.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.