Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to sell my single turbo 93.5 hard top supra and have no idea what to ask for. Can someone give me some ball park pricing figures?

History:
• Purchased in 1999 with about 20,000 miles on it.
• Car has had several owners but they are all from the same family, I guess it was passed around.
• I have taken meticulous care or it. I have receipts for everything that has been done on it; this is about a five inch thick file. I have receipts for oil changes every 3000 miles starting with the cars vary first oil change.
• The car has about 130,000 miles on it, but this is not a good indication of wear. I drove back and forth between Houston and Austin every weekend for five years at 400 miles per round trip. This equates, realistically, to about 60,000 freeway miles just in-between Houston and Austin. I would say that better that 90% of the miles are freeway miles. This is also represented by the cars mechanical condition, flawless.

Mods – Short list:
• $6500 T04R/HKS turbo kit.
• Greddy 4-row intercooler
• Every other mod that does not require opening the motor.
• 18” x 9” front 18” x 11” OZ rims.
• TRD shock kit and big sway bars.

Over all condition:
• Being that the car lived on the freeway; the front clip has some rock chips.
• The headlights need to be cleaned or replaced with glass units.
• Small dent in rear quarter panel got clipped in parking lot. Will be fixed under insurance.
• Car has never been in any moving accident. Small dents acquired in parking lots have been repaired. No bondo anywhere on the body.
• Cars mechanical condition is flawless. I am a mechanical engineer and have replaced every part that may need attention way before its failure.
• The interior is in near new condition. I have replaced most anything with any signs of wear.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
My ball park guess = upper 20's. I bet many will say less, but depends if you want to hold out for a motivated buyer who wants a rare hardtop.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The color might hold it back a little bit, but many other things could make it attractive such as fuel system, cams, 4" exhaust, AEM, TRD LSD, Different clutch, radiator, etc.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
My ball park guess = upper 20's. I bet many will say less, but depends if you want to hold out for a motivated buyer who wants a rare hardtop.
Surprisingly enough, I agree with Nick :stickpoke
I think it depends on how long you are willing to wait for that motivated buyer!

I think the best thing to do would be to let me drive it for a year or so with a For Sale sign in the rear side window................... :cool: :bigok: :hail:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Now if it was an automatic, I'd say it's only worth half that ;) ...I thought I read it in FAQ here that selling price is directly proportional to e.t.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
car is a 6spd, and has a new transmission. the first trany was filled with gear oil when I purchesed the car. 93's-mkIII use diff. fluid in the transmission. this mistake was made by the toyota dealer.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am in houston and I am in the market for a car like this... depending on price. When you decide on the asking price, please let me know..

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I also agree with nick, high 20's is about right for the car with those mods. Hardtops are getting harder to come by these days and there are less out there than the 326 they produced.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Now if it was an automatic, I'd say it's only worth half that ;) ...I thought I read it in FAQ here that selling price is directly proportional to e.t.
Nah.
INVERSELY proportional! :bigthumb:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, the car is for sale.. And to the guy in Canada, I will be in Calgary the next two weeks on business. If this is close to you give me a call at 713-899-8167.

And to anyone interested in buying this car, I would really love to sell it to a supra enthusiast. I have spent an absorbent amount of time and money to keep the car mechanically flawless, and would hate for someone to run it into the ground.
I am asking in the high twenties for it, but willing to negotiate with someone that is willing to give it a good home. I have a few pictures I can send upon request.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts