Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say i run stock pistons, oem gte headgasket, aftermarket injectors new intake how much boost do you guys think i can achieve with na -t

if there is a similar thread can you please link it?

·
From the land down under
3,811 Posts
What sort of turbo will you be running?

Mark is entirely correct in his comment about there not being a one size fits all number.

Your fuel type, ecu, tuning, engine health, cam choice, turbo compressor size, turbine housing A/R, manifold design, and exhaust size, all play a part in how much boost you can safely run.

With that being said, on 91, you will be wanting run a quality octane booster to help protect your investment, if your'e planning on extracting a decent amount of power from your engine.

What is your power goal, and what gearbox do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What sort of turbo will you be running?

Mark is entirely correct in his comment about there not being a one size fits all number.

Your fuel type, ecu, tuning, engine health, cam choice, turbo compressor size, turbine housing A/R, manifold design, and exhaust size, all play a part in how much boost you can safely run.

With that being said, on 91, you will be wanting run a quality octane booster to help protect your investment, if your'e planning on extracting a decent amount of power from your engine.

What is your power goal, and what gearbox do you have?
I might even run e85 because there is a place that sells it. But it is far so i might run 91 with octane boost. for the turbo lets say 6262 with a 3in exhaust. Gte jdm ecu 100-150k miles

Im thinking of doing this but i dont wanna break the bank

·
Registered
975 Posts
In colorado we have 91 as the highest octane at most places cause of the elevation, and I have made about 400whp on 91 keeping the mixture rich on the tt ecu mod.
if you are at sea level you should have 93, but you can probably squeeze 400 out of 91.
how much boost will depend on your turbo etc.. when you will reach that power level.

·
Registered
975 Posts
double post whoops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts