Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I was just wondering about how much boost is safe for the stock tt motor? Considering that I want to upgrade to a single but don't want to damage the motor by running too much boost(psi).

Like an SP-57 would need a lot more boost to make similar power as a SP-63 with lower boost.

How much PSI is too much?

Thanks in adance.
Tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have a 57 and with 110 and 93 octane mixture,i have run 2 bar with no pinging,i do have a ecu upgrade,vpc and afc settings
are all set on zero,air fuel reads rich,i do not have a wide band setup
just a halmeter,sparkplugs look fine too !

randy

G

·
That is a good question. Say there was a T-78 with upgraded fuel, stock bottom end, 8000 rpm rev limit with uprated valve springs, S-afc and VPC. How much psi could be handled ( on average) with 93 octane?

Eric

T-78

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
outlaw star said:
That is a good question. Say there was a T-78 with upgraded fuel, stock bottom end, 8000 rpm rev limit with uprated valve springs, S-afc and VPC. How much psi could be handled ( on average) with 93 octane?

Eric

T-78
Enough to produce 750rwhp.

G

·
Race Gas is where its at. Id say 18psi on pump with those mods. Maybe a little more. Just tune it. Watching your timing advance. Pinging. EGTs. O2voltage. Just make sure everything is within spec.

Whats the most anyone has heard a supra running. Boost that is. Built motor or whatever.

G

·
You're right about the need for careful tuning. My engine is getting up there in age so I'm sure I'm not going to shoot 30 psi through it anythime soon. Angel's T-78 comes to mind about rwhp capabilities on pump gas. 575 i think it was but don't quote me on it. Race fuel would be great but most of the time I would be running Chevron 93 octane some I'll have to use that as benchmark. I still have a lot of work to do.

Eric

T-78

1 - 8 of 8 Posts