Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I was just wondering about how much boost is safe for the stock tt motor? Considering that I want to upgrade to a single but don't want to damage the motor by running too much boost(psi).

Like an SP-57 would need a lot more boost to make similar power as a SP-63 with lower boost.

How much PSI is too much?

Thanks in adance.
Tim

·
Registered
111 Posts
There are quite a few members that have run 2bar on stock bottom ends. The key is using racing fuel and good tuning.

-amir

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have a 57 and with 110 and 93 octane mixture,i have run 2 bar with no pinging,i do have a ecu upgrade,vpc and afc settings
are all set on zero,air fuel reads rich,i do not have a wide band setup
just a halmeter,sparkplugs look fine too !

randy

O

·
0 Posts
That is a good question. Say there was a T-78 with upgraded fuel, stock bottom end, 8000 rpm rev limit with uprated valve springs, S-afc and VPC. How much psi could be handled ( on average) with 93 octane?

Eric

T-78

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
outlaw star said:
That is a good question. Say there was a T-78 with upgraded fuel, stock bottom end, 8000 rpm rev limit with uprated valve springs, S-afc and VPC. How much psi could be handled ( on average) with 93 octane?

Eric

T-78
Enough to produce 750rwhp.

L

·
0 Posts
Race Gas is where its at. Id say 18psi on pump with those mods. Maybe a little more. Just tune it. Watching your timing advance. Pinging. EGTs. O2voltage. Just make sure everything is within spec.

Whats the most anyone has heard a supra running. Boost that is. Built motor or whatever.

O

·
0 Posts
You're right about the need for careful tuning. My engine is getting up there in age so I'm sure I'm not going to shoot 30 psi through it anythime soon. Angel's T-78 comes to mind about rwhp capabilities on pump gas. 575 i think it was but don't quote me on it. Race fuel would be great but most of the time I would be running Chevron 93 octane some I'll have to use that as benchmark. I still have a lot of work to do.

Eric

T-78

1 - 8 of 8 Posts