Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2 Rotors,1 Turbo,No Equal
428 Posts
how much boost can i run w/ stock 1j injectors on a single? will it depend on the turbo size?
It'll depend on the size of the turbo. Bigger turbo will make more power at a lower psi then a small turbo will. The better question would be "whats the max HP the stock injectors will handle".

The answer to that is they'll handle about 370rwhp MAX with safe AFR's.

·
428 Posts
No problem. Reason I said 370rwhp max safely is the fact that our fuel systems are 15+ years old now. I personally wouldn't feel safe running any more power then that on a stock 15+ year old fuel system. Just my oppinion though.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It'll depend on the size of the turbo. Bigger turbo will make more power at a lower psi then a small turbo will. The better question would be "whats the max HP the stock injectors will handle".

The answer to that is they'll handle about 370rwhp MAX with safe AFR's.
you're making me want to turn up the boost. at 18psi i did 348rwhp with 11afr. stock injectors.the only thing that scares me is stock mkiii supra fuel pump.

·
428 Posts
you're making me want to turn up the boost. at 18psi i did 348rwhp with 11afr. stock injectors.the only thing that scares me is stock mkiii supra fuel pump.
The fuel pump is the thing i'd be the most concerned with. I'm doing 11.6 AFR's on 13psi and stock twins right now and I know I can go more boost but I don't trust that fuel pump. I'll be getting a Walbro pump here in the next few weeks then we'll see how things go.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i love it. low boost at 10psi i see it instantly and full boost of 18 (could prob go a little more) at around 3500-4krpm. when it kick...it kicks hard. i was dynoing and as soon as i hit full boost i did a burn out on the dyno lol. he prob had me strapped down too hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts