Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I am planning on running 25-28psi on my car and I think Im due to replace my coils at the same time.

Should I just replace them with new factory coils or will I need some other type coils.

Any opinions/advice welcome

Thanks

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Use the OEM ones. Reduce the plug gap also. If you are still experiencing msifiring at the top end you will most likely need a CDI or similar.
Gerd

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
you dont need to replace them at all. ppl run them on there 7m's for up to 30psi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I am already using a HKS twin power dli.

I will put it on the dyno with the coils I have now and close up the gap on the plugs as suggested and see how it goes

:)

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
You will not have any probs if the coils are in a good shape together with the DLI :)
Good luck on the dyno!

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
7M-rolla said:
you dont need to replace them at all. ppl run them on there 7m's for up to 30psi.

they do?

now why would we do that when the 7m coils have been more than capable. So much so that the GN guys like em :)

if you were to upgrade I would say the bosch 580 coils or something along those lines ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
figgie said:
they do?

now why would we do that when the 7m coils have been more than capable. So much so that the GN guys like em :)

if you were to upgrade I would say the bosch 580 coils or something along those lines ;)

the only reason i like the coils better, is because they are coil on plug. It looks a lot cleaner under the hood with coil on plug ignition system.

~steven

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
7M-rolla said:
the only reason i like the coils better, is because they are coil on plug. It looks a lot cleaner under the hood with coil on plug ignition system.

~steven

problem is that the stock ignition system on the 7m can not handle the added inductance. The same issue with running 1jz coils as a wasted spark on the 7m. It is not that cut and dry unfortunatly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts