Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got this car set up to run and need to know what boost is safe. I have a bone stock JDM long block, I tried to torque the head to 72 lbs. but not one bolt moved at that torque. I have run 15 PSI on 94 octane and it is pretty zippy, but the comp sez it has seen 19.7 PSI. I bought the car with a blown motor(turned bearing, I think), so I have no evidence that that worked other than the prior owner telling me it runs in the 12s(dunno about that) all day long. I intend to drop the Cat and get a lexus AFM. Does anyone know if The fuel sys will be up for this with stock injectors? I plan to go to a dyno soon, but don't want to fry it trying to run 20+ PSI on race gas. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
You have to break the bolt free before you attempt to torque it at 72 ft/lbs. Static friction > dynamic friction

Look in the MKIII tech section where you posted this thread at the top, there is a sticky thread of Lexus/440 mod.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
The stock fuel system will be up to it till about 19-20 psi but it would be best to change it. Don't risk it. If you're gonna do it, do it right the first time. Don't wanna lean it out cuz that will get ugly. I run 15 on stock fuel system and stock afm and had no issues.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you talking about just injectors? If so how much HP will 550 cc injectors support? I probably won't do anymore big upgrades, as my budget is pretty limited. With the haltech fuel system, I have pretty much flexibility about how rich or lean, and am going to use the dyno with exhaust gas analyser to help me with the fuel mixture.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
bftsupra said:
Are you talking about just injectors? If so how much HP will 550 cc injectors support? I probably won't do anymore big upgrades, as my budget is pretty limited. With the haltech fuel system, I have pretty much flexibility about how rich or lean, and am going to use the dyno with exhaust gas analyser to help me with the fuel mixture.
get them just to be safe then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts