Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am buying a Lexus IS300 with the full 2JZ-GTE Swap, so all the modifications I will need to do engine related will be from Supras, so this is my new home for technical questions such as this!
On the stock twin turbos - how much horsepower can they make and at what boost maximum?
Also, the engine is the 2JZ-GTE but it is from a toyota aristo, does anyone know if the aristo automatic is the same as the Supra automatic, and if so how much horsepower can the auto handle both modded and unmodded?
thank you

·
Banned
977 Posts
js3324 said:
Hello

I am buying a Lexus IS300 with the full 2JZ-GTE Swap, so all the modifications I will need to do engine related will be from Supras, so this is my new home for technical questions such as this!
On the stock twin turbos - how much horsepower can they make and at what boost maximum?
Also, the engine is the 2JZ-GTE but it is from a toyota aristo, does anyone know if the aristo automatic is the same as the Supra automatic, and if so how much horsepower can the auto handle both modded and unmodded?
thank you
OK TO START ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS..
How much power per stock twins.. Not sure.. There are a couple people that have done the TTC (True twin) conversion and have liked it and otehrs that hate it. I am sure tho someone will come in and chime in about the HP obtainable from the stockers.
The stock auto tranny will hold about 550HP before it starts to break down.
Not sure if its possible but SP, or BL build trannys that will support you to the 800hp range. The aristo is prety much the same thing and it is interchangable. But and correct me if I am wrong the connection is different to the driveshaft.

In stock form you will not be able to run more than 12psi without a BCC (Boost cut controler) and at that point I would reccomend getting a boost controler. At max I would not run more than 18psi (after the BCC and BC ) unless you have the gas and mods to safely do it other wise you will be looking into a rebuild.

Hope that helps a bit.. Welcome to the boards.. and to save you time and headache.. make sure you search before posting.

Reactions: braddman

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow 550 hp ? BHP/fly wheel, right? Still thats amazing without mods, hmm
The car has a HKS boost controller as well a HVC, turbo timer, and so its ready to be turned up...also how much horsepower will the GTE hold before it lets loose? I've heard 850? that seemed like alot...
thanks so much -

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
js3324 said:
Wow 550 hp ? BHP/fly wheel, right? Still thats amazing without mods, hmm
The car has a HKS boost controller as well a HVC, turbo timer, and so its ready to be turned up...also how much horsepower will the GTE hold before it lets loose? I've heard 850? that seemed like alot...
thanks so much -
again search is your friend but to make it easier the record that i last saw was somewhere in the 930 rwhp range on the stock 2jz bottom end....my numbers are from last year as far as i can remember..im not up to date so maybe that number has gotten bigger since then

·
Registered
391 Posts
IcedSuPrA said:
again search is your friend but to make it easier the record that i last saw was somewhere in the 930 rwhp range on the stock 2jz bottom end....my numbers are from last year as far as i can remember..im not up to date so maybe that number has gotten bigger since then
The new stock block record is at 1017RWHP. That was made with GT47 Turbo at 35psi by Tim (Basupra).

Ryan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hot damn!! 1017whp.. thats gotta be like 1200 to the flywheel..and i didnt even know there a GT47...a GT42 is so huge I cant even imagine the 47..wow
What will the stock internals hold

·
Registered
391 Posts
js3324 - yes the GT 47 is a 80mm turbo and the 42 is a 76mm. They are both quite large turbos. If Tim's stock internals can hold that much HP, you won't have a problem with your motor especially since you are going to run with the stock twins.

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts