Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its an 1986.5, its in pretty good shape and engine is running good and strong. if i am to sell it how much can i ask for? ok it is a 5spd, with red leather interior, the seats are a slightly dryrotted. but everythiugn else looks good, it was in a minor front end accident but did not affect anything mechanically, the fog lights do not work. it had a 500 doller tune up witch covered most of the basics, ignition ,plugs, wires, belts, greas, vaccume system. it has a bran new inspection sticker from november.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
probably around $1500, depending on how clean it is and how many miles, what needs replaced/will need replacing soon.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
MK3Brent said:
Way too little info
:stupid: How many miles does it have? How is the body/paint? Is it modded? How does the interor look? Any mechanical problems? etc.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
1986Supra200HP said:
its an 1986.5, its in pretty good shape and engine is running good and strong. if i am to sell it how much can i ask for?
damn, based on that info I'd say minimum $7,500.....

:lol: hahahaha :lol:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
86.5 are just as popular as an 86. Unless you can fool some idiot and call it a special edition you probably aren't going to get much for it my friend.

Try Kelly blue book Check the value of it

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Even one with a rebuilt motor and in good condition will have a hard time breaking the 2k mark, n/a 86's arn't exactly the best of the mkiii's.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll give you 1000 bucks for it if its black, with a decent body and has good compression.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
86.5, for those of you who don't know...were the fastest of the NA MKIII's. It's also the lightest MKIII. A propperly driven 86.5 can hang with later turbos.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
^yeah if it's an auto it'd make a higher quality bonfire than anything else.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True, and since its so light, it would make a great start for a na/t project. you could drive it while your turbo engine is being rebuilt then once your done with that youcould swap.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
makenzie71 said:
86.5, for those of you who don't know...were the fastest of the NA MKIII's. It's also the lightest MKIII. A propperly driven 86.5 can hang with later turbos.
very much the truth...until top end of course ;)

but i would say its a NA the 86.5 is the best for the reaosn posted above...so thats a plus....

theres a saying....its worth what someone is willing to pay for it :D

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
exactly, man we can't give you an accurate quote without having alot more info...and even then like Ideal said Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Dont give up yet! Give yourself some time with the car and do a little here and there and you'll be happy with it. Well I guess you'll probably do what ever you want but I remember when you first got here and asked how fast they are. As you have seen they can be as fast as you want to make it. I hope you arent planning on buying a honda or something like that cause you'll be even more disappointed. Good luck what ever you do.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
my 86.5 ran me 600 bones, straight body, grey interior, white exterior, lowering springs, manual trans, engine rebuilt 65k miles ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts