Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heya all,

Thinking of selling my Supra, I am wondering how much it is worth in the US. I am in Montreal, Canada (1h away from New York state) but I'd like to sell the car in USA, I bought the car in Chicago and I still have the old title from 2013 (not sure if it's of any uses now?)

The car is a 93 originally TT 6 speed Targa, now single turbo. It has 120k miles, but the whole car has been redone:

To consider:
- TRD widebody rear (replica)
- Do-luck sideskirts and bumper
^ Job has been carefully done at a local professionnal paint shop. Car has been stripped and has fresh new 040 white paint with high gloss clear coat.

- DPE CS5 wheels, 3 pieces forged custom made for this car, 19x12 inches wide back 19x10 inches front, probably the only set in the world with these specs; worth 8k$.

- old Precision 74 GTS turbo but still 1000 hp capable with a nice curve. Did 711whp low boost (26 psi), expecting ~1000 next dyno at high boost.

- revamped interior; leather RSX seats, LED gauges, carbon dash kit, deep dish steering wheel, brand new supra floor mats.

- engine bay shaved + wire tuck + gloss black / gunmetal powder coat;

(TRD strut bar missing from this pic)

Part list:
Turbo Precision 74GTS
Eagle H rods
ARP head studs
ARP rod bolts
ACL bearings
Port and Polished Head work
Brain Crower Titanium springs
Brain Crower Titanium retainers
HKS 272 camgears
GM LQ9 coil kit
Titan Adjustable Cam Gears
PHR ported oil pump
Horsepower Freaks exhaust manifold
Horsepower Freaks 4” Downpipe
HKS Carbon Ti 5" exhaust
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
Greddy 3-row intercooler
Godzilla intake manifold
100mm throttle body
Mishimito 3 row Radiator
Silicon Radiator hose kit
Weldon 2047 FPR
Aeromotive -10 an Fuel filter
Magnafuel MP-4303 650LPH fuel pump
Precision 1000cc injectors
GM 5-bar map sensor
Titan motorsports -8 an dual feed fuel rail
Spec Super Twin SS clutch kit with flywheel
DERALE dual eletronic fan kit (4000 cfm)
ABS delete kit
AC delete kit
AEM EMS ecu
Powered by MAX coilovers
Cusco rear strut tower bar
TRD Engine mounts
Stoptech brake disks, pads & lines
Carbon Fiber hood dampers
TRD front strut bar
etc

I am probably missing a couple things but the important stuff is there.

How much $ do you think my car is worth?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Might be worth more but I personally if I were to be purchasing a Supra wouldn't pay more than $45k-48k for it.

You got any interior pics?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Just as a reference, Tom from Nextmod Mississauga here in Ontario is asking $70k for his black one. It is highly modified like yours is. The tricky part is to find someone that wants a modified Supra.

Ryan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Might be worth more but I personally if I were to be purchasing a Supra wouldn't pay more than $45k-48k for it.

You got any interior pics?
Not yet, working on it. Will post as soon as I have one.

Just as a reference, Tom from Nextmod Mississauga here in Ontario is asking $70k for his black one. It is highly modified like yours is. The tricky part is to find someone that wants a modified Supra.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, is he asking 70k$ CAD or 70k$ US ?
EDIT nvm just saw the listing it's 70k$ CAD

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

Ryan

This is basically what I am trying to say. Parts, labor, and car wise $70k is not out of the question at all if you put a worth on the car, especially if you were putting a $ value on it for insurance purposes. However I don't see people paying that much for a highly modified car. Trend these days seem to dictate that $70k are being fetched by very low mileage original stock cars.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is basically what I am trying to say. Parts, labor, and car wise $70k is not out of the question at all if you put a worth on the car, especially if you were putting a $ value on it for insurance purposes. However I don't see people paying that much for a highly modified car. Trend these days seem to dictate that $70k are being fetched by very low mileage original stock cars.
70k is ~54k$ USD, our dollar sucks right now haha

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Cars like this are hard to judge.
No abs, no AC and no matching VINS will be a huge deal breaker to lots of buyers. But there is always a buyer for the right price. Good luck with your sale :)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Is that an RHD or LHD? I see it's custom so not sure from the sidemarkers. The price will be significantly different based on which. Since it's far from OEM- I'd say if LHD a good starting price would be $45k usd rhd $25k.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Looks LHD in the first pic..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I think an excellent market comparison for this car is the Cargasm car currently in our for sale forum. Similar mileage, similarly all re-built and repainted, and both have had a ton of money invested not just on performance mods, but on fairly radical personalized-appearance mods. It is the latter that drastically narrows the pool of potential buyers.

Cargasm car understandably started with a price of about $75k US. Fast forward 2 years, and it is still for sale at just $45K.

I truly empathize with the owners of these unique cars having to face this harsh reality of the personalized-appearance mods when it comes time to sell, but I think this white car's lack of AC and ABS create an even narrower market than the Cargasm car. The painful conclusion here, is that for the Sold! hammer to drop, the OP will be looking for that "special buyer" at a price of around $40k USD.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cars like this are hard to judge.
No abs, no AC and no matching VINS will be a huge deal breaker to lots of buyers. But there is always a buyer for the right price. Good luck with your sale :)
It has all the right matching vins. On the engine bay pics we just finished the shaving and had not installed the vin plate yet. Don't worry it's legit! :)

Is that an RHD or LHD? I see it's custom so not sure from the sidemarkers. The price will be significantly different based on which. Since it's far from OEM- I'd say if LHD a good starting price would be $45k usd rhd $25k.
It's an LHD !

I think an excellent market comparison for this car is the Cargasm car currently in our for sale forum. Similar mileage, similarly all re-built and repainted, and both have had a ton of money invested not just on performance mods, but on fairly radical personalized-appearance mods. It is the latter that drastically narrows the pool of potential buyers.

Cargasm car understandably started with a price of about $75k US. Fast forward 2 years, and it is still for sale at just $45K.

I truly empathize with the owners of these unique cars having to face this harsh reality of the personalized-appearance mods when it comes time to sell, but I think this white car's lack of AC and ABS create an even narrower market than the Cargasm car. The painful conclusion here, is that for the Sold! hammer to drop, the OP will be looking for that "special buyer" at a price of around $40k USD.
Thanks!

I didn't think no A/C would be that big of a deal. I still have all the AC parts I could give it away with the car and a potential buyer could re-install it if it comes down to that.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I didn't think no A/C would be that big of a deal. I still have all the AC parts I could give it away with the car and a potential buyer could re-install it if it comes down to that.

Makes sense to not think so much about AC in Canada, but consider that US Supra owners are all south of you. In the bottom 1/3 of the US, people use their AC in the winter, and in the summer no one could possibly drive a car w/o Ac. Even in the more northern areas of the US, it is still very hot in the summer, when people are most inclined to drive their hobby cars.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Makes sense to not think so much about AC in Canada, but consider that US Supra owners are all south of you. In the bottom 1/3 of the US, people use their AC in the winter, and in the summer no one could possibly drive a car w/o Ac. Even in the more northern areas of the US, it is still very hot in the summer, when people are most inclined to drive their hobby cars.
+1 No AC here in Texas is a huge deal breaker. We have maybe 4 weeks out of the year where you can ride around comfortably with your windows down. 6 months are so hot and humid that you end taking bath in your own sweat each time you take the car out. The other 5 months you're freezing or it's raining.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
South Texas resident here with summer 9-10 months out of the year with a few weeks "cold" weather. Almost never run the A/C in the car, windows always down. That said, a car without A/C would be a deal breaker for me.

A few things limit the value of the car in my eyes (no A/C, ABS, body modifications and if any missing VINs). As it sits I would personally not pay more than $45k USD.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
South Texas resident here with summer 9-10 months out of the year with a few weeks "cold" weather. Almost never run the A/C in the car, windows always down. That said, a car without A/C would be a deal breaker for me.

A few things limit the value of the car in my eyes (no A/C, ABS, body modifications and if any missing VINs). As it sits I would personally not pay more than $45k USD.

You must be use to the weather being a Houstonian. Houston humidity is horrible. Without AC in the car everything feels 'swampy'.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You must be use to the weather being a Houstonian. Houston humidity is horrible. Without AC in the car everything feels 'swampy'.
Not an original Houstonian, but personally I don't mind the humidity at all. That's what a swimming pool during the day and more boost at night is for :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts