Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Dynoed 275 at the wheels...So I am probably got some slight problems with it...like plugs : ) maybe an injector cleaner. Anyway I would like to know what other people with autos dyno.

Oh...btw I have 104k on it. 20k in the last 6 months :D :D

Lates,
Brent

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey!!!!!! 275 at the wheels with a Stock auto!. Would that not be like 330-335 at the crank? Meaning that he is picking up a extra 10-15 hp from somewhere.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I dunno, I've seen a 6-speed with 100k on it run over 106 traps in some hot weather.... In any case, you should probably check for a boost leak or some such, maybe check the plugs, can't hurt.

G

·
0 Posts
Ok someone please tell me the 320hp from the factory is rwhp or crank or flywheel? Do all manufactures give out their figures in crank Hp or real hp?

N

·
0 Posts
Cars are rated from the factory in flywheel horsepower not rwhp. Some cars are extremely underrated from the factory like the Corvette Z06 which Chevy rates at 385 flywheel horsepower but dynos around 340rwhp. I have seen some Supras dyno between 300-315rwhp bone stock and others that are around 280rwhp so the numbers do fluctuate a little bit. The automatics will dyno lower than the 6 speeds due to more drivetrain loss.

F

·
0 Posts
my 98 A4 LS1 TransAm with only a Borla Catback exhaust made 290rwhp. When i changed to a k&N filter, and a whisper lid (the box that holds the airfilter if u dont know) it made 300rwhp & 320rwtq. This is with sotck headers, fll cats and all.....not bad for being an A4.
275 isnt bad for being stock....lol..what are you like a hose and chip away from 400rwhp? LOl...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Oh yea go ahead and have the vacuum lines replaced. I had the dealer do it beacuse im lazy but im sure it will help you. The cost was like $70.00 Mine were dryrotted at 25K miles. :rolleyes: Yea plugs would be a GREAT IDEA also i had one fould at around 30K miles. The said it was bad gas from canada. Anyway like i said before nice numbers also that is crank hp they rate cars at or flywheel. Anyway if you took your 275 WHEEEL hp and times that by 20% it will give you your crank. Actulley on a Auto it might be 25%. Not sure on that one.

:p Flex, you dont apply to this considering you have a 98 ls1 :D :p who ever at gm was bad in math on those cars!

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Kerr:
<STRONG>Oh yea go ahead and have the vacuum lines replaced. I had the dealer do it beacuse im lazy but im sure it will help you. The cost was like $70.00 Mine were dryrotted at 25K miles. :rolleyes: Yea plugs would be a GREAT IDEA also i had one fould at around 30K miles. The said it was bad gas from canada. Anyway like i said before nice numbers also that is crank hp they rate cars at or flywheel. Anyway if you took your 275 WHEEEL hp and times that by 20% it will give you your crank. Actulley on a Auto it might be 25%. Not sure on that one.

:p Flex, you dont apply to this considering you have a 98 ls1 :D :p who ever at gm was bad in math on those cars!</STRONG>
Yep I Think it is time for some general maintance...

Thanks All,
Brent

·
Registered
482 Posts
A friend of mine had his car a 95 TT A/T dynoed yest and came out 293 RWHP bone stock.My 94 TT 6-speed with an exhaust and a DP at 104* temp came out to 332 RWHP.I'm bit dissappointed but then the temp was so freaking hot and humid and also i don't have an intake either.
Any way 270 + RWHP doesn't seem bad at all.
Regards. Yasir

·
ankle breaker...
128 Posts
was that from your first dyno run, or second or third, b/c if it was from a third run, it might be understandable. If the fan wasn't blowing at your intercooler, the extra heat from the previous runs, plus no cooling of charged air could be the reasons why.
A friend of mine dyno'd 297 on a first run, 288 on the 2nd, and 279 on the third.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts