Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking around, but I did not find a thread for vehicle weights. Anywho, I have a 1989 Supra turbo with an A340E. Targa, and no TEMS. Nothing stripped from the interior, and pretty much all stock. Oh yeah, no spare tire in trunk.

-Alex

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL well I am considering this without driver weight. I've seen articles and stuff posting the curb weight as 3,600 lbs, but I know the MK3 has a few options that can make that vary.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, where did you get that info?

·
SMFL
223 Posts
89 turbo auto targa =3620lbs
Yep.

edit: Where is this tag in the car listing weight? There is a gross vehicle weight rating, which lists how much total weight with passengers and luggage the tires hold up.

Even the 7MGE 5 speed optionless weighs in at 3450.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I'm not sure where "at work" is, but I would wager that they have a waste management transfer center (dump). Drive out there and stop on the scales and see for yourself...

·
Registered
320 Posts
87 turbo targa 5spd with me in it was 3850, and i only weigh 140lbs. my 88 n/a hardtop turbo conversion is 3350 with out me in it, but i stripped all the sound deadening out and put the full interior back in.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure where "at work" is, but I would wager that they have a waste management transfer center (dump). Drive out there and stop on the scales and see for yourself...
At work for me is Las Colinas Texas. And I am sure we have one:).

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
Spoolin30: Got them from someone on one of the Supra forums doing a strip down and rebuild(been a while, don't remember who). He was weighing everything with a good scale, iirc, and updating it as he went.

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
Maybe, they were brass tanks with copper cores, iirc. I know my replacement rad. with alum. cores and plastic tanks is nowhere near that heavy.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
Go to a truck stop, go to a rock yard - they have scales.

Mine with me in it, full tank, targa 5speed = 3900lb.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts