Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace the brake lines with SS ones, and i'm also going to change to Motul RBF600 dot4 fluid. I'm going to go to the store tomorrow to stack up on the fluid, and i was wondering how much i should buy. Car has dot3 fluid in it right now. This fluid is VERY expensive locally, can anyone tell me how much i will need? I figured 5 x 0.5L bottles should be more than enough.

Also when replacing brake lines, should i first replace all 4 lines and then bleed the brakes, or should i replace and bleed them one by one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I would replace 'em all then bleed. I've been struggling to get air out of my system, but used some of that Syntec stuff that comes in a 32oz bottle (equals about 3 of the smaller bottles).

Anyways, bled/flushed and still had some left. Tho I went and got another bottle, so that I could keep trying to bleed the air out of my system. Basically if you get all the air out, should only take you 1 large bottle to get all of the fluid VERY clear.

K

·
0 Posts
i work for a toyota dealer as a mechanic. and when we do brake flushes here we use a 64oz. bottle of DOT 4 fluid to get the fluid nice and clear. and that machine flushes the whole system. lines and all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts