Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· IJM Mafia!
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm considerig keeping the MKIII that's in the driveway and putting a 2JZ and V160 in it

but i was wondering if anyone has had a shop do it and about how much it was to do so, or if anyone knows of a shop i could call within 50 miles of me, that'd be cool too

thanks for any help

· Acceleration
4,291 Posts
Mature? And you seriously have the funds to do a 2jz swap? At 16? Just because you have an mk4 as your avatar doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Don't you have a 7mge? Those ARE reliable. OEM HG's without boost are completely reliable. Get your facts straight. :ugh2:

· I have auto ADD.
7,991 Posts
I'd guess it would be about 12k to have a shop swap in a 2jzgte, a v160, putting in a higher gear ratio, and doing some general maintenance. at this point you are still stuck with your 20 year old suspension and the sawblades. and of course whatever else is wrong with the car, which there's probably a lot.. it is 20 years old...

· IJM Mafia!
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
brewster said:
I'd guess it would be about 12k to have a shop swap in a 2jzgte, a v160, putting in a higher gear ratio, and doing some general maintenance. at this point you are still stuck with your 20 year old suspension and the sawblades. and of course whatever else is wrong with the car, which there's probably a lot.. it is 20 years old...
fuck that

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.