Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand they're discontinued. I'm selling a set of four with tires, but I don't know what to price them at. Please input if you can. If needed, pic(s) can be provided; I just wanna know a base line. Thanks!

(4) SSR GT3 3-pc wheels
- (2)18x9 +41
- (2)18x10 +38
- light blemishing on polish lips on all wheels
- driver rear wheel has 1.5" curbage

(2) Dunlop
- SP Sport FM901
- 245/40/18
- 80% tread

(2) Vredestein Sessanta
- UltraTrac
- 295/35/18
- 50% tread

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Given mismatched cheap tires, curb rash and less than optimal offsets, I would say $2,000 would be tops.

Later,
Steve

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not too bad as I was thinking to price around mid-teens. What's the "less than optimal offsets"? They sit nicely on the car, but I'd assume then at this point that the previous owner may've given me the wrong offsets. There's tons of clearance for BBK.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Given mismatched cheap tires, curb rash and less than optimal offsets, I would say $2,000 would be tops.

Later,
Steve
What about mint Steve Jarvis spec Decoltes? :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought a set of these last year for $1000, same lip condition, no rash. The rears were 10.5, the fronts were 8.5 I think. The front offset wasnt right for tt calipers but a project kics spacer fixed that. Might be interested in picking these up if you figure out a price. Always nice to have an extra set around.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I bought a set of these last year for $1000, same lip condition, no rash. The rears were 10.5, the fronts were 8.5 I think. The front offset wasnt right for tt calipers but a project kics spacer fixed that. Might be interested in picking these up if you figure out a price. Always nice to have an extra set around.
I had a friend with the same issue, and back then he was begging to buy mine b'c my fronts have 1/2" clearance on the calipers. I originally paid $1,400 for these in their current condition (used, 3yrs ago) and needed new tires on all four. Might get them widened and sell my CCW's.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
You could easily run a 265 front and 285 rear setup with those widths, with no fender mods, on a lowered car if the offsets weren't so aggressive.

Jim's wheels should be worth $2,000 without tires. :)

Later, Steve

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
It's typically hard to get a set of wheels for a Supra where the front wheel is wider than 8.5" and the rear wheel is wider than 9.5" for less than $2,800. Even harder if you want a three piece wheel. Add to this that the GT3's and GPO Decoltes that Jim mentioned are no longer available and the value goes up.

The value would be even higher with a setup like Jim's, because of the size and offsets. Jim's wheels are 18x9.5" +50mm offset front and 18x11" +49mm offset rear. These are very good sizes and more importantly good offsets for wide tires. With Jim's setup, you could run a 285/30R18 front and 315/30R18 rear by simply trimming/rolling the rear fender lip.

Below is a picture of the GPO Decolte's. The ones in the photo are 9.5" +50mm front and 10.5" rear +55mm rear. As you can see they look almost identical to the GT3, except the spoke is split on the GT3.

The SSR's will also clear almost any big brake package. They cleared, the stock TT brakes, the Wilwood 14" brakes as seen in the picture below as well as my current Rotora 6 piston calipers. I currently use my GPO Decoltes on the roadcourse. See below.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could easily run a 265 front and 285 rear setup with those widths, with no fender mods, on a lowered car if the offsets weren't so aggressive.
Correct. The largest I could run was 255 front w/o fender mod. 265 would require a trim. My 275's rubbed slightly in rear w/o fender mod. When I went to 295, I had to roll my rears.

Are these highly sought after rims or something?
They seem to be in the E46 BMW community.

It's typically hard to get a set of wheels for a Supra where the front wheel is wider than 8.5" and the rear wheel is wider than 9.5" for less than $2,800. Even harder if you want a three piece wheel. Add to this that the GT3's and GPO Decoltes that Jim mentioned are no longer available and the value goes up. Hence my inquiry here

The SSR's will also clear almost any big brake package. Yes, I have almost 1/2" clearance on my BBK They cleared, the stock TT brakes, the Wilwood 14" brakes as seen in the picture below as well as my current Rotora 6 piston calipers.

Later, Steve
Thanks for the info, Steve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.