Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how much harder is it to get 6.5s in the doors compared to 5.25 comp sets? i stripped the door with my friend (installer) and he said its gonna be a bitch to do. i dont have my 6.5s in yet (backorder) but if 5.25s are much easier i might go with those to make it easier on him since hes doing it for me really cheap. i didnt mind installing my own stuff in my other cars but i really want someone that knows what they are doing to do the work on the supra.

HU: undecided
amps: zapco z150 and z300 comp amps
sub: idmax 12d4
front comps: on backorder

S

·
0 Posts
the depth is the only problem... cause the covers for the 4" speakers are 6 1/2" covers so it'll fit width wise, but the depth is the problem. You end up running into the window and such... =\. So 5.25s will probably be better... either that or some slim 6 1/2s

Rob~

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since i didnt get my 6.5s in yet and since i won my bet on maryland last night (5 to 1) before the tourney, im thinking about getting the 5.25 rainbow pros which should make things a bit easier.

·
Registered
200 Posts
how slim do the 6,5" have to be to fit behind stock covers ?

·
0 Posts
I you have a MKIII then you get a 4" deep speaker in the doors. I put a 6.5 comp, that is a mib woofer and it is 3.75" deep. I used 3/4" MDF for a baffle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
that´s deep as hell in the MKIII, but I have a MKIV, how deep can it be there ?

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think some people have installed 6.5s up to 3" deep but not without some fabrication.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts