Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you get all the good parts done to the engine ~ like cam shaft , cam gear , exhaust ...etc

like if its a well build engine ~ it doesnt need turbo , like Ferrari , 360 Spider ~ V8 3.6L can generate 400 HP

I am sure NA supra's engine ~ with some work done to it , without turbo , it can have some serious power ~ ofcourse , turbo is the quickest way of increasing HP and reaching insanely high horse power ~

so how much HP can you get out ?
 

·
Formerly NA-TT
Joined
·
1,268 Posts
400hp has been done.

I don't think it would be worth the money... even to be origonal.
 

·
Formerly NA-TT
Joined
·
1,268 Posts
Our engines were designed for it... it is as simple as that. We aren't talking about a 330hp M3 NA engine, which can be turboed, but was pushed to peak NA power.

I think to effectively get 400hp you would want to stroke the motor and fill it with high-reving, light-weight components. You would want to port and polish the head and fill it with new, light-weight, stronger valvetrain components and new cams. Then to lightweight pullies, cam gears and remove components like the stock fam, ac, ps, and emission equipment and do the coolant bypass. Then you would want to get ITB's, equal length headers and a matched dp/exhaust (this may take time, money and research to get the right flow down). Then get a cold/ram intake system on the car. And finally, go AEM to remove the maf, distributer and to tune the engine on race gas.

Would it be reliable? I don't know. Would it be faster than a NA-T at 400hp? I don't know. Could you have gotten to 400hp at a quarter or less of the cost if you just went NA-T? Yes. Does a NA engine sound and feel better than a turboed engine? That is subjective. Could it be done? Yes, but is the money worth the origonality? That is also subjective.
 

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
Joined
·
2,114 Posts
If you must stay NA and get the most power out of it, this is the way to go.



Cost effective? Hell no. Easy and readily available parts to do it that way? Nope. Theres plenty of other cars that are much better for all-motor use. But it is cool and I bet it definitely sounds good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Malachi said:
if you get all the good parts done to the engine ~ like cam shaft , cam gear , exhaust ...etc
400hp could be done, not economical, no one has came even close to 300hp outside of Japan. Frankly NA Supra is a wrong platform for NA mods.

It would probably cost less to do a GS400/430 V8 motor swap, that is one smooth V8 motor with 300hp bone stock. Too bad it had jelly chasis (previous 99 GS400 owner here).

Realistcly 250~260hp could be done at decent cost, imagine if you can drop 200~300lbs, + addition of 30~40hp, Supra NA will be as quick as 350Z.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man ~ sounds so hard out ...........well I am better off bolting a Turbo or TT swap
or just get to 250-260hp
 

·
NA-T T61
Joined
·
1,988 Posts
Just go turbo, dont waste your money on the n/a....

I have cam gears, intake, exhaust, and SAFC-2.... It's still not much better... We NEED turbo!
 

·
Senior
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Mark 2JZ said:
If you must stay NA and get the most power out of it, this is the way to go.



Cost effective? Hell no. Easy and readily available parts to do it that way? Nope. Theres plenty of other cars that are much better for all-motor use. But it is cool and I bet it definitely sounds good.
Who's car is this & how well does it perform?
 

·
pirates like cookies
Joined
·
702 Posts
if ur really wanting to stay n/a, why not do all this work you are proposing to a v8 1uz and swap it in ?

then you could drive your car while building up the engine
have 2 more cylinders
and more displacement

oh yea, it's lighter too
 

·
Senior
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
NCSUpra said:
Its right hand drive so its not in the US
Yea, the reversed brake & clutch reservoirs, & 1 off fabricated header- an Australian member who posted here some time ago! I think the biggest reason for slow n/as is no development-why bother when they make a turbo version?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
konichiwa??? hahaha durrr :eek2:

nsx4ever said:
400hp could be done, not economical, no one has came even close to 300hp outside of Japan. Frankly NA Supra is a wrong platform for NA mods.

It would probably cost less to do a GS400/430 V8 motor swap, that is one smooth V8 motor with 300hp bone stock. Too bad it had jelly chasis (previous 99 GS400 owner here).

Realistcly 250~260hp could be done at decent cost, imagine if you can drop 200~300lbs, + addition of 30~40hp, Supra NA will be as quick as 350Z.
 

·
That bearded guy
Joined
·
549 Posts
If I remeber correctly I think a member on this board xdreamer I think squeezed some pretty nice numbers for an all motor 2JZ-GE. I think he got like 220rwhp on an Auto tranny. Mostly bolt ons. Here is a mod list he posted in his thread: Custom Vented Hood-
HKS Adjustable Cam Gears
HKS 3.2" (115mm tip) CarbonFiber/Titanium Exhuast System-
HKS Ground Earth system - grounding wire system
2.75"inch Aluminium mid pipe- 2.5" bend
Xerd Ceramic Coated -Heat Wrapped Header
Coolant Bypass
Redline Coolant Additive
Show Polished Modified Intake Manfiold with egr pipe removed
Show Polished Throttle Body w/ inlet smoothed and modified cut butterly shaft-
Evap system Removed
Polished Descreened Maf-
Custom Maf Adapter
PHR EGR Aluminium Plates-
PHR Fuel dampener Bypass-
PHR Steel braided fuel line-
12-volt fuel mod for higher fuel pressure
Ngk Copper Plugs-
A/c system Removed
Spal Dual Electric fans-
Unorthodox Lighweight Racing Pulley's- minus crank pulley
Carbonfiber Radiator Plate-
CAI CarbonFiber Konig Intake Pipe w/ modified Apc intake pipe-
RS-akimoto Aluminium 3" Velocity Stack
B&M Perf. Transmission cooler -

Conclusion don't waste your money on staying NA. It's not worth it and super expensive. The 2JZ-GE is very limited if going all motor. The money you can waste on trying to squeeze 400hp out of the 2JZ-GE by going all motor is more than enough to have a 900+ HP Turboed 2JZ-GE (NA-T)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
konichiwa??? hahaha durrr :eek2:
速い見たいですけど, パワーはまだひくいです. (hayai mitai keto, hp wa mada hikui desu.)

durrr what? :wtflol:

I do not see what problem you have with my post. Just a simple responds and suggestions. Just search my old 287hp thread. I wanted to do NA mods as well, and was hoping to reach anywhere near 287hp. Unfortunatley reality hurts, wallet not thick enough, did not seem possible at reasonable cost.

It simply was not a good platform for NA mods. Moderate hp to begin with, small displacement, not exactly high reving either. GS400 V8 or LS1 on the other hand.

V8 swap has been done on IS, used Lexus V8 motor probably are not expensive. You start out with 300hp 315lb ft of torque bone stock.

There are plenty of aftermarket supports for 2JZ-GE in both Japan and US, IS300, GS300, SC300 etc. One thing they all have in common. Not many if any even made 287hp with NA mods (ok maybe 1). All high hp applications are either turbo or supercharged.

BTW, I think the engine posted here looks amazing, I have already gave a 10 out of 10 in the owner's original thread:bigthumb:
 

·
That bearded guy
Joined
·
549 Posts
Keep in mind only the GS430 with the 3UZ-FE wich is expensive and hard to find has a base of 300hp and 325lb-ft of torque. The 1UZ-FE in the 98+ GS400 has 300hp and 300lb-ft of torque. Depending on what year and what model the 1UZ comes out of the HP will vary from about 240 to 300hp.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well ~ guess I will gonna have to save up for NA-T kit then ~ what is the best most reliable NA-T kit ? that have the less problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,197 Posts
Malachi said:
well ~ guess I will gonna have to save up for NA-T kit then ~ what is the best most reliable NA-T kit ? that have the less problems
Boostlogic, NAPerformance, Sound Performance, and the newly revised Turbonetics.

Only one place has them all and can find out which suits your needs the best. PSSST PSSSST :lol:

Regards,
Kevin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
hah, i dont have a problem with your post, i was bored. im in the US and i should have a bit of horsepower, not sure yet because i havnt dynoed. im thinking at least 260, but i could be wrong, no way of knowing until i get it on the dyno.
nsx4ever said:
速い見たいですけど, パワーはまだひくいです. (hayai mitai keto, hp wa mada hikui desu.)

durrr what? :wtflol:

I do not see what problem you have with my post. Just a simple responds and suggestions. Just search my old 287hp thread. I wanted to do NA mods as well, and was hoping to reach anywhere near 287hp. Unfortunatley reality hurts, wallet not thick enough, did not seem possible at reasonable cost.

It simply was not a good platform for NA mods. Moderate hp to begin with, small displacement, not exactly high reving either. GS400 V8 or LS1 on the other hand.

V8 swap has been done on IS, used Lexus V8 motor probably are not expensive. You start out with 300hp 315lb ft of torque bone stock.

There are plenty of aftermarket supports for 2JZ-GE in both Japan and US, IS300, GS300, SC300 etc. One thing they all have in common. Not many if any even made 287hp with NA mods (ok maybe 1). All high hp applications are either turbo or supercharged.

BTW, I think the engine posted here looks amazing, I have already gave a 10 out of 10 in the owner's original thread:bigthumb:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top