Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
smthing beautiful in life
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I have supra turbo, 1990. I was doing engine rebuild lately (not by my self). The guy, who was rebuilding my engine, after he finished with it, raised up turbo pressure to 0.65bar. He told me, he was doing the same stuff to another stock supra, and then he tested it on dyno. The supra had about 270HP with boosted turbo, completely stock the rest of it.

But mine supra has free flow exhaust (nothing special, but still), bigger turbo (I can't tell how much bigger) and boosted turbo pressure to 0.65bars.

Can you guys tell me approximately, how much horse power I can assume I have?

When I'll be doing more serious works with the engine, I'll put her on the dyno test, but now I think it's enough to calculate notionally.

Million thanks to anyone with some opinions! :hug:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Was the turbo on the Supra he tested upgraded as well? And the same turbo you have? If you have a completely different (bigger) turbo, there's a range of horsepower figures you could have.

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ndnxtc said:
Was the turbo on the Supra he tested upgraded as well? And the same turbo you have? If you have a completely different (bigger) turbo, there's a range of horsepower figures you could have.
The supra he was testing was completely stock but the turbo pressure (I believe stock supra turbo is CT26). The supra had ~270HP.

Mine turbo is bigger. It's not stock. There is a picture of the under-hood http://www.supra.projektas.lt/666.jpg (don't mind the wiring, it was just temporary).
Also, some pics of the process over there http://www.bite.lt/plius/bendravimas/klubai/2content.content_view_diary_other/718519.140151-=(162278812 (ignore the language :rolleyes: ).
Probably it won't help in identifying turbo... But I didn't have a chance to take a closer look at it, because I was quite busy lately...

Can I say 280,290,300HP? Just approximately? In near future I'm gonna dyno her, that's for sure :)

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
was the rebuild going with anything bigger or changing the compression ratio, what diameter is your exhaust, what are your other mods what intake do you have, any tuning... theres a lot of unanswered stuff we need there. w/ intake exhaust (w/ a stock 80k mile cat in place) , shimmed wg i did...221.6rwhp

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MKIIINA said:
was the rebuild going with anything bigger or changing the compression ratio, what diameter is your exhaust, what are your other mods what intake do you have, any tuning... theres a lot of unanswered stuff we need there. w/ intake exhaust (w/ a stock 80k mile cat in place) , shimmed wg i did...221.6rwhp
No cats. Straight pipe with some kind of muffler. I can't tell you the diameter.
No other mods. Stock air filter, stock intercooler. Just bigger turbo and higher pressure (0.65bar).

And... I'm talking about the power at the engine (not RWHP).

:dunno:

3,796 Posts
Noone can give you an answer that is remotely accurate, especially considering you dont even know what turbo you have.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Seriously NOONE is going to be able to help you. We don't know what turbo your running, what exhaust size, or anything. I mean you can't ask such a question with such vague knowledge of whats on the car. Its hard to tell even "if" you could tell us what all you have, let alone right now when we are guessing to know whats under the hood.

but for shits and giggles I guess 99999999HP to the wheels.

K

·
0 Posts
Get a Gtech Pro v1 on eBay for $26 BIN.

I've had mine for a year and it is incredibly accurate to my real-life dyno and 1/4 numbers. Car and Driver just tested the newest version of it and was also surprised with its accuracy.

It's a great tool to see how much a given mod has affected the performance of your car. It does 1/4, 0-60mph, rwhp, etc ....

·
Registered
707 Posts
You'll have to know details such as exhaust diameter and type of turbo to determine any ballpark figure. 0.65bar is completely relative, different turbos flow differently at any given pressure, i.e., a CT26 at 15 psi will not make the same numbers as say a SP61GT at 15 psi.

S

·
0 Posts
soo basically a stock car, and you say your up to .65 bar, well 1 bar is like 14psi, so just over half of that, your running what like 8 maybe 9 psi on stock car, dude, your probably running maybe 220-30 at the wheels if your lucky. Dont see it above that on what you got, but keep it up.. cheers Brennan

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What if I made picture of turbo as close as posible under the hood? :) I guess no good...

Yeah, I know, I'm asking such a vague question, but still, my car had BHG and other problems and it was being rebuilt for 3 weeks.... I missed her :D And now I understand the pleasure of driving neat supra.

Btw, G-Meter won't measure HP?

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
supracharged03 said:
soo basically a stock car, and you say your up to .65 bar, well 1 bar is like 14psi, so just over half of that, your running what like 8 maybe 9 psi on stock car, dude, your probably running maybe 220-30 at the wheels if your lucky. Dont see it above that on what you got, but keep it up.. cheers Brennan
I mentioned, turbo is not a stock... Just give me a chance, I'll try to find out about it ...
Basically, stock supra has 232HP at the engine. As far as I know, there, in USA, you like to measure HP at the wheels, which is 18% lower than at the engine (correct me if I'm wrong), but is more accurate. As far as I am not going very serious about HP now, I don't feel like knowing HP at the wheels ;)

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
quakerlt said:
I mentioned, turbo is not a stock... Just give me a chance, I'll try to find out about it ...
Basically, stock supra has 232HP at the engine. As far as I know, there, in USA, you like to measure HP at the wheels, which is 18% lower than at the engine (correct me if I'm wrong), but is more accurate. As far as I am not going very serious about HP now, I don't feel like knowing HP at the wheels ;)

If you don't feel like knowing why ask n bother ppl for something they can't answer if you can't describe what you got? :freak:

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TaSe said:
If you don't feel like knowing why ask n bother ppl for something they can't answer if you can't describe what you got? :freak:
I wasn't asking you. Forget it.

I just didn't realise that it would be a difficult question to some guru guys from supra forums.
stock + turbo = 232HP
stock + turbo + 0.65bar = 270 HP
stock + bigger turbo + 0.65bar = ??? HP

I don't need precision, just some ideas...

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
quakerlt said:
I wasn't asking you. Forget it.

I just didn't realise that it would be a difficult question to some guru guys from supra forums.
stock + turbo = 232HP
stock + turbo + 0.65bar = 270 HP
stock + bigger turbo + 0.65bar = ??? HP

I don't need precision, just some ideas...

You're missing the point. It's impossable to give an idea. You could have anywhere from 200rwhp to 450rwhp and there isn't a person in the world that could tell you any more acuratly because the information you provided isn't enough. You're not saying much more than, "I have a car with an engine and a turbo, how fast does it go?"

The only way you're going to know is to strap it on a dyno and find out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
yup, different turbos make different horsepowers at different boosts on different engines... so these guys would need to know what turbo it is to compare it to other people who have that turbo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.