Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much horsepower and torque would a 97 supra TT have with the following mods:
- downpipe
- 4.5" exaust
- cam gears
- air intake
- 4 core intercooler
- aluminum flywheel

do you think this combo could put out 350 RWHP??
what would this car run in the quarter with a 6 spd and street tires? high 12s? thanks for any input guys

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
does it have a boost cut controller? if it doesnt fuel cut will come in limiting to around 14psi, significantly reducing the hp

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Who the hell makes a 4.5" exhaust for the Supra?

The HKS Ti is 4" and that is the biggest as far as mass produced.

With no boost controller and no boost cut controller listed, he won't be doing much.

Unless he is running the VSV mod which is basically running 17psi~ and has a BCC installed but not telling you, he will definitely surpass the 350rwhp mark.

My car did 402rwhp and 425rwtq.

I have a boostcontroller,BCC, downpipe, and an exhaust.

·
Very Senior Member
9,960 Posts
wickedLX5.0 said:
how much horsepower and torque would a 97 supra TT have with the following mods:
- downpipe
- 4.5" exaust
- cam gears
- air intake
- 4 core intercooler
- aluminum flywheel

do you think this combo could put out 350 RWHP??
what would this car run in the quarter with a 6 spd and street tires? high 12s? thanks for any input guys
Hmmmmmmmmmm
if he has cam gears, FMIC, flywheel.......he prolly has some other stuff too.
Probably at least has a boost controller.
Then he should be over 400 rwhp.
Probably should break into 12's..........

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he definetly doesnt have a boost controller, but i guess the exaust he has is 4" , not 4.5" since no one makes a 4.5" exaust as someone just said...i looked underneath his car and the exaust is freakin huge !!!..he thinks he will dyno 350-380 RWHP.....
which i find kind of hard to believe since a stock supra will dyno around 300 RWHP and run 13.5s with a good driver , right??
a gain of 50-80 HP from only these simple mods???maybe i am wrong(im a mustang guy!) lol

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn thats more HP than i expected!!! well i guess i will find out how much power he has when the track opens up in march!!:D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mods are intake, 3" downpipe, apex N1 exhaust, BCC.

I dont have a boost controller, I basically run the a modified Bleeder on my car.

My time is in my sig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts