Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much HP will a stock bottom end support?
I rebuilt my engine about 1000 miles ago and I am wanting to hook up around 500WHP.
LMK
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using a MAP ECU and 2 fuel pumps and 680cc injectors.I am running a Super T70 Turbo with a 40mm wastegate,Apexi AVC-R,3"V-Band to a 3.25 Muffler system,2.5"IC piping,Spearco 1080CFM IC,One of the new HKS Head gaskets that are to support 30# of Boost.
What do you think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can not find anybody around here that knows anything about tuning these cars.I live in Springfield IL.
Where would you suggests I go?
LMK
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that one I sent it out to a guy here in town and when I got it back it started using water then White smoke came out of it .He had blown the head gasket. So I took the motor all the way down and sent it off to a machine shop to get it milled and redone.
But I think are bottom end should handle 550WHP?
What do you think.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
The current record on the stock bottom end is over 700 rwhp IIRC, at the SILV event last fall. No idea how reliable that will prove to be, but it's the record nonetheless.

Pay attention to Trent and the Doc though - find a good tuner who knows this car, even if you have to take a trip to get it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
tom it all depends on the tuning
even a built motor can blow, if its not tuned properly.

i believe the stock bottom end can handle 500hp.
but the question is for how long.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
After its tuned keep an eye out on the oil. Don't go low and use synthetics. Have leaks? FIX THEM.
500RWHP here. Stock bottom end with a new oil pump.

3,796 Posts
Check out sound performance. Larry would probably be the guy to talk to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts