Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im trying to sell my car and i'm wondering how much i should ask for it.

Its a 1995 n/a 5spd.
137k miles on odometer
It has just had an engine installed with 60k miles that is in amazing condition and runs perfect and much stronger then the old one.
It has about 6k miles on a new stock clutch, starter, and driveshaft
It has TT wheels
New brakes
Just repainted the front bumper cause it had some chips
has 98 turn signals
the interior is perfect, as well as the exterior except for a few chips.

so how much should i ask? also i live in northern new jersey, and cars here sell for much more then anywhere else i've seen.

I've seen a lot of high milage supras cause all my friends drive them and not one compares to my car, its very clean and has never been abused. perfect title, etc.

thanks
thanks.

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
You did an engine swap and it was stronger? was your engine abused?

And i'd say... 14.5k...... maybe 15... not sure..

high milage can scare people.. but you do have an engine swap...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has t tops, its the base model not SE. heres some rough pics. that exactly what i was hoping to get, 15k, but i thought maybe that was to high. if anyone is interested PM me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You should check www.kbb.com for the price. I asked Curt Aigner for a price for a NA that I was going to buy but I didn't and he told me to look at kbb. I went on kbb and I think it said $9,750 or something like that for private party value. In my opinion...high mileage NA's are not worth that much because if I want to turbocharge it and if something goes wrong with the engine. I will be wasting money. People look at exterior of the body (rust, dings, and scratches), interior ( rips, scratches, heat and ac working) and the engine. You said that the engine has been rebuilt and that could mean a lot of things must of gone wrong and can reflect the value of the car. The clutch, leaks in exhaust or oil leaks and maybe the maintenace work may affect the value and compression test to go a little further. And how many owners and if it was garaged, but thats the little stuff. Thats what I will look at if I would buy the car...I can only speak for myself..I know its being picky, but thats how I would look if I buy any cars. Let me know what price your looking at. Email me at [email protected].

I hope this information help, Edwin

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mkiv13, your absolutely right, all that does determine the value of the car. I have two friends with n/a supras, one has 80k miles but has been in two accidents and looks like a complete piece of crap. The other has 75k and looks mint. Thats why when i bought this car i settled for the higher milelage becuase of how clean it was. The engine was replaced becuase over the summer i had the K&N intake and somehow water got sucked into the engine and hydrolocked it. Insurance paid to have it replaced. So it was not replaced because the old one was abused, it was just an act of nature i guess. This new engine and trans has only 60k miles and runs perfect. I will do a compression check eventualy but any car guy can just tell that this engine is strong and perfect. The exterior of the car looks very good, a lot of my neighbors ask if its a 2002. Its not mint, but very nice and and the only body damage is two chips in the hood and a dent in the rear quarter panel that isn't noticeable unless you look straight down on it. I'll take pictures of all this later. The interior is also incredible for the mileage. One 1/2" long rip in the back seat is basically the only damage to it. The car had been in an accident before i owend it. The bumper was cracked and the frame piece under the radiator was obviously scratched. The gaps didnt look right to me between the hood and front bumper, so i replaced the entire front frame work that holds the front bumper and frame under the radiator. So everything is fixed and is perfect now including a new front bumper with new paint. The a/c was just recharged as well, so everything on this car works. Lastly, i just had the brakes done at toyota of morristown(new pads, rotors cut). this car is in awesome condition without a problem to speak of, and you can come see it in person to verify this. I'm gonna ask 15,000 for it. I'll start another post in the for sale section with pictures in a couple days. call me if your interested 862-432-2545

1 - 9 of 9 Posts