Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In traditional Supra ownership rights, I am loving the power of the car, but want a little bit more. I may look for a MBC and don't want to over do it, so what is too much boost to use for a completely stock CT26? I'm thinking no more than 10psi right?

·
Registered
747 Posts
If your running a aftermarket BOV, just unplug the port(where the stock bov ran to)on the flex hose from AFM to Turbo inlet. This lets umetered air bypass the AFM and you you can run around 13-14psi before fuel cut. Air temp and density of air will change psi setting. There are no side affects to doing this mod being that MK3's run pig rich from the start. This works for both stock ct-26 and trimed ct-26's. You will notice a difference.

Later Keith

·
Registered
339 Posts
???

14PSI safe.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i didn't do more than 10

i had a lex afm, 550's, 3 inch exhaust with 3 inch turbo elbow, apexi intake, and MBC and i was running 16 psi daily with the WG shimmed to hold 14 to redline

·
Registered
184 Posts
i wouldnt run more than 11 without gettin a fuel pump, injectors, and lex AFM. Then you can go up to at least 15.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i drilled out the little plug on the afm and unscrewed the screw and i was running 15psi with just intake, mbc, full exhaust.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the responses. So is up to 15psi okay with the stock turbo? Also with the increased air flow, how will that affect the A/F making everything leaner? Positive or negative?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
right under fuel cut is fine...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
awww, come on IJ, not all of us can afford a full T4 setup right off the bat...

gotta at least kill a CT-26 or two first LOL

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That I did, that I did. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had ran my car at 14psi for over a year, with stock injectors, stock pump and stock FPR and my car still ran rich. On a mustang dyno whp was 280's hp and 324tq. 13-14 psi is not going to hurt anything............only a old wore turbo.......anything past 14psi the turbo w/stock trim will be running out of steam.

Later Keith

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Alex, take my advice seriously. I know you don't have a ton of time/tools to mess around with your car if anything goes wrong, so just enjoy it as it is right now and wait until you can get a clean bill of health for the car and do some more baseline modifications before you start cranking up the boost.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
But you got to remember. if you run higher boost. you have a greater chance of a BHG. i dunno if you have a metal one or not...so just be cautious. i didnt run more that 10psi on stock HG.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ yeah, I fried my oem one at 14psi... but now that the new HKS MHG is on I feel more confident at that pressure. I will be dynoing this weekend and I"ll let everyone know how I did.

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
Whats safe for one car isn't safe for another, its all down to condition of the components. My car is in OK condition, engine likes to breath a bit with extended periods of high boost but other than that it runs well. I have been running anything between 12 - 15 psi for a year now. Stock (non toyota head gasket) stock bolts (@ 72 lbs), home made 3" exhaust, K & N drop in filter, MBC everything else is stock. No idea how much power it makes but its a vast improvement over stock (can spin the tyres from a roll in second).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts